Water

guelphgirl78
on 2/20/13 11:01 pm - Canada
Does anyone else have a problem drinking water?
Tea.. No problem
Diluted juice.. No problem
Water.. Feels like im swallowing a rock

Am i weird? Is my gastric broken? Lol
Im 2 weeks out btw.. On full fluids

Thanks!
Kris
time2changeme
on 2/20/13 11:11 pm

Since surgery I haven't been able to tolerate water either, it feels so heavy on my stomach, then I

start with the vomiting every time I try it, even ice chips won't stay down. I drink a lot of herbal decaf teas,

chicken broth, ho****er with lemon and 1 pkg of equal, some diluted juice and mio or crystal light.

The dietition recommended even sugar free jello or popsicles.

Your not alone, there is others here too, just make sure your getting enough fluids in!

DebbieML
on 2/20/13 11:56 pm - Gloucester, Canada

I am the same at three months out.   It is so weird because I have always drank a lot of water.  I do as suggested above and it works much better, especially the tea.

Debbie
Referal: June 23, 2011;  Info: August 26, 2011;  Dr.: July3, 2012; U/S: July 13, 2012;  Beh/Nut: Aug 13, 2012;  Ed class: Aug 22, 2012;  Scope: Sept 7, 2012;  Met with surgeons fellow: Sept 17, 2012; SURGERY: Nov 16, 2012 with Dr. Mamazza.  

Catw
on 2/21/13 1:33 am - Arnprior, Canada

I still can't drink cold water, and I'm at 18 months.  I have no idea why.  Try warm/ho****er (i.e. tea without the tea bag), or adding things like crystal light, MIO, etc.  Or adding lemon/orange slices.  That seems to make a difference.  Some crystal lights I have to dilute most of the time to being double the water (makes them last longer too ;o)  )

So, nope Not weird, and Not Broken.

Cathy

Tania S.
on 2/21/13 2:19 am - Owen sound, Canada
RNY on 01/16/13

I used to love water.....any way...warm or cold......but now I can't stand the taste.....it tastes like I am drinking minerals...I have to put something in it....I was told by the nut that its normal.

You maybe only one person in the world, but to one person you are the world.

Most Active
Recent Topics