Got my date yesterday

Joanne D.
on 2/23/13 12:12 am - Canada
Hi all
Had my meeting with the surgeon yesterday. It was suppose to be with Dr. Jackson, but an intern came in to do consultation. He was very nice and informative. Apparently he does the scopes when needed and assists with surgery.
My hubby and daughter was there so he felt the need to pull out diagrams and explain things that I already had know. Really appreciated him taking the extra time. One questions he did ask me was if I ever felt any heart burn or had any previous ulcer. Well me and my big mouth mentioned possibly having a bit of heart burn the other night! After hearing that he said we will do a scope before surgery. Darn, I thought I was going to get away with not having to have one I guess it is better to be safe than sorry! Had to wonder that because he does all the scopes...were things a little slow in his department. Anyhow, scope is booked for April. Start opti fast May 1st and surgery is scheduled for May 15th My nephews wedding is May 25th. Was wondering if things would be ok to go by then? Interested in hearing what the vets think.......they did offer me May 31st. I would have to start opti fast on the 17th anyway so figured I wouldn't be able to eat anything so will just stick with the 15th. Hope I have made the right decision!!!
I also need an angel if anyone is willing......
Thank you,
Joanne

referral from GP July 2012     Orientation October 2012  SW initial Dec 2012   Nurse Prac. Dec 2012   Nutrition Initial Jan 2012  Nutrition Jan 2012      Psycho social Jan 2013    Meeting with Surgeon Feb 22 2013     Surgery May 2nd ( Dr. Jackson TWH)

Nanato2
on 2/23/13 12:21 am, edited 2/23/13 12:23 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

Thats great news Joanne so you will be a week post op for the wedding. 

Don't see why you couldn't attend it all depends on how you actually feel you will have to take your own food with you as you will be on full liquids and depending on your healing you may be tired and only stay for couple of hours.

I was 11 days post op yesterday and I was feeling  good I thought and it hit me yesterday and I think out of 24 hours I was awake maybe 5 but I thinking I was catching up on all the sleep I missed as I had some sleeping issue the first week. 

Dr. Jackson did my surgery he was great explained everything to us before the surgery and afterwards and even came and seen me before I went home. 

You made the right decision which is right for you. 

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Joanne D.
on 2/23/13 1:19 am - Canada
Thank you for the vote of confidence!!! Glad to hear you are doing well! I love to dance so I will be missing that.
Joanne

referral from GP July 2012     Orientation October 2012  SW initial Dec 2012   Nurse Prac. Dec 2012   Nutrition Initial Jan 2012  Nutrition Jan 2012      Psycho social Jan 2013    Meeting with Surgeon Feb 22 2013     Surgery May 2nd ( Dr. Jackson TWH)

sam1am
on 2/23/13 1:12 am

Provided as goes well as it should, you could probably spend a few hours there.  I wouldn't count on doing the twist or anything, lol.  

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Joanne D.
on 2/23/13 1:22 am - Canada
Lol I agree!!! Not as well as your emotioncon is doing it!!!!

Vi-Vi
on 2/23/13 3:56 am
VSG on 12/13/12

Good for you Joanne!  I had Dr Jackson & he is awesome!  You'll be in good hands.

HW: 352.6.  Opti wt: 331,   Surgery wt: 308. CW: 190.4

Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at the moment!!   --Eggface

Cuter_w_Curves
on 2/28/13 12:57 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

Hi Joanne,

I was going through the posts and looking for those with surgery dates so I can update the list. I think I got all of the information but if there is anything that needs to be updated please post in the thread or feel free to PM me.

In the interest of connecting you with an Angel because you posted in the other thread... jewel-twin offered to be yours.

Shell

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Joanne D.
on 2/28/13 1:55 am - Canada
Shell,
Thank you for all your extra efforts that you put forth for this forum! You are truly a dedicated and caring member!
Thanks for the update on my angel...jewel- twin sounds like a good match as I believe she is being taken care of at TWH.
Joanne

Cuter_w_Curves
on 2/28/13 2:04 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

*blush* Thank you Joanne!

She is a sweetie! Send her a PM!

Shell

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Joanne D.
on 2/28/13 2:46 am - Canada
Thanks again....I will

Most Active
Recent Topics