Orientation on Monday, February 25

sarshe62
on 2/23/13 11:30 am

Hello All, I am getting excited and nervous...I have my orientation session this coming Monday at Hamilton hospital.  Can hardly believe that my time has finally come.   Don't know what to expect, but am looking forward to hearing what is in store next.

Maureen_R
on 2/23/13 2:03 pm - Canada

Good luck, they will give you a manual and good through the process and what to expect. As I recall a nutritionist comes in to speak and we had someone who had been through the process to briefly talk about their experiences. Basically it is an overview, a chance to find out what you are getting into and a chance to ask questions.

Surgery February 15, 2013 with Dr Gmora at St.Joe's in Hamilton (includes 98 lbs lost before surgery)

Sunny123
on 2/23/13 8:48 pm
RNY on 12/05/13
A suggestion to join your local support group. I attended my first this month. It was very informative and I got a chance to meet some really nice people who have had a proceedure done. A felt a real connection with quite a few of them!

My orientation is on The 27th. Maybe our timelines will be similar. Good luck to you.

Johanne

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

jewel-twin
on 2/23/13 9:48 pm - Canada
That's amazing!! can't wait to follow your progress!

Family Dr. 06/05/2012    Referral Received 06/28/2012 Orientation 08/01/2012   NP 08/27/2012
SW 08/28/2012              Nut Class 08/27/2012
NUT 10/01/2012              PS 10/01/2012
Surgeon Dr. Cyriac 12/07/2012  **SURGERY  JAN 30, 2013**

fooh.png

sarshe62
on 2/25/13 8:21 am

Back from the Orientation (Hamilton St. Joseph's) this morning.  I have to say, it will be a long journey, but sooo worth it.   I took my daughter with me so that she could catch what I didn't and ask questions such as challenges / support.   I was nervous but extremely excited.  In fact, I barely sat down and I was filling out the orange card requesting to be put into the process for setting up the appointments. 

The really great news is that now I can see an end, now I can start to plan for a new life free of excess weight related issues.  The only down side and it is minor is that I live in London and will need to travel to Hamilton for all those appointments, surgery and post op appointments.   The travel during the summer will no doubt be pretty, but no so much when the weather will be unpleasant.  It will be a small price to pay for lifelong change. 

Next steps, can't wait to hear from the hospital for my initial appointments.   

Cheers all!

Most Active
Recent Topics