Peanut butter in Optifast?

Jessica S.
on 3/3/13 12:54 am - Ottawa, Canada

Hi, is it ok to add like the tip of a spoon full of peanut butter to my shake like once a day, there is only 1 g of sugar in my peanut butter?

Thank you

Nanato2
on 3/3/13 12:56 am, edited 3/3/13 12:56 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

I would say during Opti you are not to have anything else then what the centre advises you to have and no sugar .  You can buy sugar free peanut butter syrup. 

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

jellyfishattack
on 3/3/13 1:08 am - Canada
RNY on 03/11/13

Sorry, I would have to say that you can't add peanut butter to your Opti.  I would worry more about the amount of fat in it than the sugar, although we aren't supposed to add any of either to our diet while on Opti.

You can get SF peanut butter syrup here - http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/catalog/advanced_search_res ult.php?keywords=da+vinci+peanut+butter&x=0&y=0

They are in Markham, and have 50 different flavours of SF Da Vinci syrup -  http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/storelocator.php

They also ship if you're out of town.

I was considering buying their peanut butter and a chocolate syrup to flavour the unflavoured whey isolate powder I got for post-op shakes.  I don't like the taste of any of the flavoured protein shakes I've tried.  They have a lot of tasty syrups there which mix very well with Opti.

Jenn.  :)

1st appointment - Feb. 23rd, 2012. RNY Dr Cyriac Mar. 11th, 2013.

Hanneli xoxo
on 3/3/13 1:22 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

absolutely not

chipmunk_roasting
on 3/3/13 1:23 am, edited 3/3/13 1:24 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada

No, it's not okay.   OptiFast is 900 calories a day, no added sugar, no added fat.   Sugar/fat free additions are permitted, as per the instructions in the brown cover book, "Your Meal Planner", pages 6-9.

HTH

mmm

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics