The fat girl inside me is having a bit of a panic attack

MellissaAnn
on 3/12/13 1:05 am - barrie, Canada
Even though I have lost 95lbs and I feel much better about my health my body etc there are still sitautions that rattle the fat girl inside me and cause me to panic a little bit. We are taking the kids to the indoor water park in Niagara Falls for two days, I am going to be seen in a swim suit by a lot of people because its March break and I could only begin to imagine how busy it is going to be and I'm getting a little worried/panicked. It will be my first time in a swim suit around that many ppl... Wish me luck that I don't chicken out and hide in the hotel room
SusieGilbreath
on 3/12/13 1:09 am - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

You get out there and strut your STUFF!!!

Susie

solongtubby
on 3/12/13 1:10 am

Hi Melissa.  I think you'll find that most folks are too busy obsessing about their own bodies to be worried about yours.  the heck with them!!  Go and have fun with your kiddies!!!  :)

Nora

RNY with Dr. Huynh June 5, 2013.

Vi-Vi
on 3/12/13 1:13 am
VSG on 12/13/12

Hi there!  I totally know how you feel!  I'm down about 90 lbs now and still feel uncomfortable at times!  But remember this!  Will your kids remember you were bigger or that you had fun 2 days in the water with them!  Have confidence in yourself, you can do this!  Good luck!  Don't you dare hide out in that motel room!

Sylvie. 🏊

HW: 352.6.  Opti wt: 331,   Surgery wt: 308. CW: 190.4

Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at the moment!!   --Eggface

Laura H.
on 3/12/13 1:22 am - Canada

Talk back to that fat girl.  Let her know who you really are, a wonderful, kind, and beautiful woman.  That fat girl inside of me tells me a lot of things but the thinner girl is finding her voice.  Have fun swimming!!!

Laura H.

Gabygee
on 3/12/13 1:32 am - Canada

How many of those "other people" have you met before?

How many will you ever meet again?

So why does it matter what they think?

kellybelly333
on 3/12/13 2:40 am - Toronto, Canada

I wish my own head would think that way. I don't walk around judging other people, so why do I feel that I'm so special and people are judging me? LOL. It's ridiculous!

Strut your stuff and have fun!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Catw
on 3/12/13 1:33 am - Arnprior, Canada

Don't hid in the room, go and have fun with your kids.  Don't worry about what anyone else thinks.  Just think of how much your doing now, that you wouldn't have been able to do 95 lbs ago.  The ones that matter will admire you, and the ones who don't admire you, don't matter.  Enjoy the time with your kids, I'm sure that they'll enjoy the time with you!

Hey, If I can go out on the ice in skates that don't fit, a borrowed helmet (from a kid) and my 5 year old's hockey stick to play a hockey game with my 8 year old's team, you can go swimming with  your 2 kids.  And I knew my audience, so I'm sure they either admired me, or had some good entertainment (don't think there were any cameras).  Besides, it was my first time on the ice this year, scheduling didn't permit going during the year.  It was my favorite practice of the year!

Can't wait to hear all your NSVs when you get back!

Cathy

Monica M.
on 3/12/13 1:40 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

now that i'm close to a "normal" weight, i can take comfort in knowing that

#1 i'm not the fattest one there

#2 No one will be looking at me. They're all more concerned with people looking at them.

Silverlake1975
on 3/12/13 1:43 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 06/19/12

I think we can all definitely relate to you on this issue!!  But just remember: You can do it!  Think of how far you've come!!!  You will OWN that bathing suit! Enjoy the special memories with your kids and rock that suit!  

Most Active
Recent Topics