Hair Hair everywhere!!!!!

gbtonco
on 3/14/13 1:07 pm - Canada

Okay I am 3 months out.... i am so not complaining about my weight loss at all.  75 pounds down and feeling fine.  I shop in normal stores now and I am going to Jamaica in a week.  The only thing that is bothering me is my lose of hair.  No one else seems to notice but it is coming out a lot.  Please tell me that I wont be thin and bald???????

JJ_
on 3/14/13 1:31 pm

No, you won`t be thin and bald, unless you already were thin and you will be thinner still.  My hair loss started at 3 months and continued until month 8 or 9.   The worst was month 4.  I installed an extra catch basin in the tub.  I also had my hair layered to add volume.  I am now 15 months post op and have regrown out the layers.  (my hair is just above my shoulders).

Judy

gardeninggal
on 3/14/13 6:23 pm - Midland, Canada

I feel for you as I am in the same situation.  I am six months post op and my hair has steadily thinned out but at least it is evenly thin.  I have read lots on this forum that it happens to most everyone and that it does grow back so I will place my trust in those that have suffered through this hair loss.  Keep your protein intake as high as you can and hang in.  Hope you have a wonderful vacation in the sun.

2mar
on 3/14/13 7:50 pm
RNY on 09/20/12

Biotine will help with the re-growth (not the falling out) - and make sure you have enough protein every day!!

Onward and
Downward

on 3/14/13 9:44 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I hear you...my hair is falling out like crazy (4 months out) and has been for the past few weeks.  Every shower, handfuls.  Every time I brush my hair, brushfuls.  Eep.

I'm not too alarmed yet because a) I know it's normal, b) I know it will grow back, and c) it's not really noticable at this point.  But I know it lasts a while!  I'm going to my hairdresser today, so I'm trying to decide whether I'm going to get my hair cut short or not in order to survive this phase, since my medium-length hair gets tangled more easily and requires a lot more brushing.  I keep thinking that maybe if I get a short cut, I can fuss with it less, maybe just put some product in it in the morning and run.  I'll see what she thinks.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

4-Jane
on 3/14/13 10:03 pm - Canada

I have a question as if its okay?   Does anyone not experience hair loss? 

Respectfully Jane
Patm
on 3/15/13 2:29 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I was lucky and did not lose hair but have absolutely no idea why

4-Jane
on 3/14/13 10:07 pm - Canada

Please take out the as, meant to just ask if was okay I pad makes me crazy not able to correct not even edit

Respectfully Jane
Hannahmumma03
on 3/14/13 10:14 pm - Oshawa Ontario, Canada

I am over 3 months out. Last week at my 3 month appt at TWH,  I discussed my hair loss too with the nut. and she put me in zinc citrate once daily for 2 months. My protein should be around 72-75 mg and I am just slightly under that, so I have upped it slightly.

Christie

Referral August 18th 2011               Orientation Dec 7th 2011
SW Jan 12 2012                                  Nurse Jan 12 2012
Nut. Class Feb 8th 2012                  Psych  May 16th 2012
Dietician May 16th 2012                   Meet The Surgeon Sept 21 2012
PATTS: November 19th 2012           Surgery: November 29th 2012

My Angel is: Brenda T. 

NorthernStar
on 3/14/13 11:18 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

I know... it sucks! My hair started falling out around the same time. I'm about 8 1/2 months out now and it has really levelled off but I'm still waiting for it to come back in. My hair was fairly fine to begin with so this did not help!! It is very thin right now.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Most Active
Recent Topics