Those with smart phones and going to meeting at TWH tonight...

Joanne D.
on 3/20/13 8:22 am - Canada
Holy smokes
I have been stuck on QEW. Left in plenty of time as seating is limited tonight, 6:20 and still only at Cathwra. Anyone else on QEW???
GRRRRR

referral from GP July 2012     Orientation October 2012  SW initial Dec 2012   Nurse Prac. Dec 2012   Nutrition Initial Jan 2012  Nutrition Jan 2012      Psycho social Jan 2013    Meeting with Surgeon Feb 22 2013     Surgery May 2nd ( Dr. Jackson TWH)

Nanato2
on 3/20/13 11:41 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

Joanne I was looking for you. Someone else said the QEW was horrible and they got off and took Lakeshore.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Joanne D.
on 3/20/13 9:11 pm - Canada

Good morning,

Lol I sat there wondering who was who as well, and if there were any OH people there.....

I was sitting with my husband along the left hand  side at the back, if you were looking towards the back of the room. I was wearing a black coat and greyish scarf. My husband has dark hair and was wearing a stripped shirt.

Where were you sitting?

Joanne

referral from GP July 2012     Orientation October 2012  SW initial Dec 2012   Nurse Prac. Dec 2012   Nutrition Initial Jan 2012  Nutrition Jan 2012      Psycho social Jan 2013    Meeting with Surgeon Feb 22 2013     Surgery May 2nd ( Dr. Jackson TWH)

Nanato2
on 3/20/13 9:51 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

Morning Joanne

I seen you come in I actually looked right at you and smiled you and your husband came in just before we started and sat along the wall near the back.

I was sitting along the opposite wall right beside where the people taking vitamins out of the box. I was also the one that asked the questions near the end about acid reflux saying I have Gerds and it has gotten worse since surgery. Amanada F. and Sparkboi were sitting across from me also.

It a shame we didn't get to say hi I was looking for you and went up to someone else thinking it was you. haha

How did you like the meeting this was first time they did this type of thing. I thought it was great but thought pre-ops would get scared but it is the reality of the surgery they are things that could go wrong and to watch for post op. 

Lynn

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Joanne D.
on 3/20/13 10:24 pm - Canada

Lynn,

Darn, I wanted to meet you guys! Put a face to the name.....lol

I do remember you asking the question regarding the acid reflux, but I could not get a good look to see who the question was coming from.

Dr. Jackson was really great at explaining things and handling the questions that came up. I can only hope he is just as good in surgery....lol.... he is my surgeon. My husband was impressed as well. As for the topic...yeah, a little scary!

I felt bad for the lady in the front row who kept putting her hand up, saying yes I had that and yes that happened to me, for every thing that could have gone wrong. I guess just really unlucky!!! Dr. Jackson did say every person is an individual case......

Lynn, what reason did they do a VSG instead of RNY?

Joanne

Nanato2
on 3/20/13 11:07 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

Joanne

Dr. Jackson was my surgeon he was wonderful came out and talked to me before the surgery. Explained everything even afterwards he spent about 20  minutes with my husband and daughter answering her questions on VSG  she had a VSG over a year ago done by Dr. Penner. My daughter was sitting in the same row as you near the front she was the skinny girl in the blue hoody she has lost over 230 lbs in little over a year. She is the poster child for VSG haha I hope I do as well as her.

The reason Dr. Jackson chose VSG over RNY for me is I have Crohns and if  you know anything about crohns it effects your bowels/intestines so he didn't want to take the chance later on that I could have complications from my Crohns causing me to need resection of the bowels as that could cause me to have to have RNY reversed and a very major surgery. Also this way he doesn't touch my intestines at all for a VSG. As they say better to be safe than sorry. 

Yes everyone is individual and that is what we have to remember on our journey. You are in great hands with Dr. Jackson I can not say enough about how wonderful he is and I have heard nothing but great things about him from others.

Joanne D.
on 3/21/13 12:40 am - Canada

Lynn,

I know all about Crohns....my oldest daughter has it. She is 24 and has already had to have a bowel resection. We diagnosed her at 21, but I think she has had it much longer than that.

Feb 2012 she developed a perforation in her ileum, and after a month of medication they decided to do a resection. Poor thing developed multiple pulmonary embolisms in both lungs.....That was the breaking point for me, as my BFF passed away in 2008 from a pulmonary embolism. I was terrified! Also developed C-diff in the hospital and was MRSA positive. They got thing under control and she had to be on Warfin for 6 months. After a total of 1 month in the hospital and 4 months for recovery, she is now back to work and healthy. She is a nurse in fact......lol they are the worst patients!!

FYI my friend Lyanne died suddenly with the embolism; she was 350 lbs.....they had concluded the clot came from her calf.

If she was still here, I know she would be doing this surgeryy as well. She was an amazing person!!!!

Joanne

Most Active
Recent Topics