bulk barn protien powder

anewstart
on 3/20/13 1:39 pm - Canada
So i decided to pick up some of the no flavour protien powder from the bulk barn. I know many people on here use this powder. Just curious how you measure it out. The info sheet says 93gof protien for 100g which is about 3.5 oz . I have no intention of using all that at one time. Was just. Looking to. Add some to my foods for extra protien. Was trying to figure out weights and amounts. Does 2TBLs 1oz =25g of protien sound about right????

Any suggestions and advice are appriciated
mermaidz
on 3/20/13 1:55 pm - Brampton, Canada

Round the grams of protein off so it's equal to the 100grams

So.... 30grams  or 30 cc ...or 1 ounce is roughly 30 g of protein

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

anewstart
on 3/20/13 1:58 pm - Canada
Thanks Mermaidz!!!
(deactivated member)
on 3/20/13 8:17 pm - Straford, Canada

You should get used to weighing stuff.  If you don't have a scale invest in a cheapie.  I bought a star frit one from CT, it works great!  Many foods/powders provide serving sizes in grams.  Some folks try and translate it to volume measurements like cups, but strictly speaking that is incorrect.  One gram of one product is not the same volume as a gram of another.  Due to fillers etc even a gram of one manufacturers product is not necessarily the same volume as another one's.  

mermaidz
on 3/21/13 12:37 am - Brampton, Canada

anewstart... you should probably heed Ian's advice.. He's a smart dude

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

anewstart
on 3/22/13 12:18 am - Canada
Thanks Guy! I actually have a scale. Trying to get my self all under control again. Ugh! (I have weighed and measured my food from day one) Just had a lil trouble with this conversion...I feel out of control...4 months pre op today. However was rushed in for emerg surg on Sunday morning. (Small bowel obstruction, caused by hernia).
Not liking being back on protein drinks and stuff again but back to square one with this pouch of mine. Not able to take in my amount of food and protein like I was before. Ugh! So frusterating!!! Thanks for the vent....

Ps did I mention how much I do not like the taste of protien powders /shakes flavoured or not.

Ok im.done now...
Have a great weekend
Leslie
Most Active
Recent Topics