Dr.Starr

starfish52
on 3/21/13 11:49 am - Canada

Anyone have surgery with Dr Starr? Thoughts?

smiley_k
on 3/21/13 12:11 pm

I had my surgery with Dr. Starr. I was very happy with him. He did a thorough job of explaining the procedure before hand and came in to check in on me several times during my stay and has a good bedside manner. 

Katie  ♥     

Pez
on 3/21/13 12:54 pm - Oshawa, Canada

I had my surgery with him in November.  I thought he was great, and easy to talk to and everything went well with me so no complaints :)

Gabygee
on 3/21/13 11:12 pm - Canada

YES! Wonderful!

I wasn't actually planning on having WLS at all - I went to him for a gallbladder removal.

After an amazing recovery (I was back at work six days later) I went for my checkup, and he approached re gastric bypass - which I dismissed out of hand.

He calmly and logically went through all my arguments against it, and gave me time and lots of information to think about it.

When I decided to go for it, he paved the way by explaining in great detail what the procedure would be and what I could expect. He answered my myriad questions with great patience and thoroughness.

On the day of surgery, he made a special effort to come chat before the procedure, and visited me three times after the surgery to check on me. The followup appointments have been models of efficiency and clarity. 

I can't say enough good things about him. I entrusted him with my life, and he gave me a brand-new one.

Niki L.
on 3/21/13 11:13 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
Love Dr Starr he is great so is his staff

Nathalie_Can
on 3/22/13 12:46 am

Love him.  I liked that he actually went through everything in details, all types of wls types.  Also love his staff, very helpfull!

All the best to you, you are in good hands!

Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

kim_emma02
on 3/22/13 3:22 am - Ontario, Canada

Dr Starr is AMAZING!!!!  I would recommend him to anyone!  You are in great hands with him!

RNY 02/04/2013 with Dr Starr

Laurie C.
on 3/22/13 4:41 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

Dr. Starr is great, his staff are awesome, don't worry.

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

Grammaof3
on 3/22/13 4:53 am - Canada

I just got out of hospital yesterday and Dr. Starr was my surgeon. He is absolutely wonderful. No fear when he is in charge! His staff and resident are great also.

Most Active
Recent Topics