I have survived the first day of OPTIFAST.....

funnelcloud
on 3/22/13 12:09 pm

It is now 10:00pm EDT.  and i've so far succeeded taking all 4 Optifast drinks.(it's not the greatest tasting stuff...doesn't quite taste like vanilla...tastes strange......  I have had beef broth, and Crystal light. sugar free jello.. and water.   I am counting the days...till surgery...

Today I got a call from the Thrombosis clinic....they've moved it to another hospital...It was much easier to get to.. when it was in this end of town...now more, longer rides with Para Transpo.  I go Wed April 3, 2013.   ( I need to call and double check the time...I found this woman...very confusing...she initially told March 28th...)

I find myself wanting to eat but, i've fought it off.... I froze my leftover yogurt in my deepfreeze.   One positive thing this forced me to do...was...start to putter more...took my mind off of food a bit.  I got my dishes totally up to date and mostly put away.  I even went out with my friend on a quick shopping trip...felt strange not stocking up on sale items...

Please pray for me...that I cope each day...and don't cheat.    I keep reminding myself...I will eventually start eating solids again...just not in large volumes.

Hope you all had a good day...

God bless

Funnelcloud (Barb) Ottawa, Ontario

time2changeme
on 3/22/13 12:13 pm

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!  You can do this!!!

Your off to a great start!  angry

JJ_
on 3/22/13 1:12 pm

Check.....day one down.  Congrats!

I found that each day got easier to handle.  Good luck tomorrow!

Judy

jellyfishattack
on 3/23/13 2:09 am - Canada
RNY on 03/11/13

Each day will get easier - the first three were the hardest for me: I even dreamt of eating the first 3 nights.  But, I got through it, and so will you!

You're in my prayers.

Jenn.  :)

1st appointment - Feb. 23rd, 2012. RNY Dr Cyriac Mar. 11th, 2013.

funnelcloud
on 3/23/13 11:37 am

I am eating sugar free jello...and sucking on sugar free candy....also I am having some Beef broth.   I find i wasn't getting in enough water today, so i'll have to watch that.   

I cooked stuffed green peppers, so i wouldn't throw away the green peppers...one went bad already....so now i'm going to freeze them.  Nothing like testing fate....lols....but I succeeded...not eating it.

thanks again Jenn, for your positive support.... tomorrow is day three.....

God bless

Funnelcloud (Barb)

Most Active
Recent Topics