Binge Eating Disorder Service Poviders

Joanne D.
on 3/25/13 12:38 am - Canada

Contact info for Binge eating therapy.........This was provided by a contact at Credit Valley Hospital as they do not deal with this eating disorder in their clinic.

BINGE EATING DISORDER SERVICE PROVIDERS

The following service providers have identified themselves as interested in providing care to those with Binge Eating Disorder.  Please confirm with each provider individually to ascertain whether they provide follow-up care to those who have recently undergone bariatric surgery.

FREE SERVICES

North York General Hospital Adult Eating Disorders Program:

Provides outpatient care to adults (18+) with eating disorders. Patients attend program 3 days/week (Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays) 3:00-8:00pm.  The focus of the program is on eliminating symptoms through the use of a structured meal plan as well as the use of skills to be able to identify and manage thoughts and feelings that are linked to symptoms. Note that the program accepts patients with Binge Eating Disorder who have a past or current history that involves restricting food intake.

Trellis Mental Health and Developmental Services 519-576-2333

Provides outpatient care to children, adolescents and adults with eating disorders including Binge Eating Disorder from the Wellington and Waterloo regions, including the communities of Kitchener, Cambridge and Guelph.  Based out of Kitchener.

William Osler Health Centre – Outpatient Eating Disorders Clinic –

905-453-1160

Provides outpatient care to children, adolescents and adults with eating disorders including Binge Eating Disorder from North Peel (Brampton and Caledon) and Halton Hills, as well as children and adolescents from Dufferin County.  Based out of Brampton at the Brampton Civic Hospital.

Homewood Health Centre – 519-824-1010 Ext 2551 (Admitting)

Ext 2292 (Program Information)

Provides intensive programming for hose with eating disorders including Binge Eating Disorders, including Binge Eating Disorder.  Service is provided through an Inpatient program fro medically stable individuals.  Based out of Guelph.  There is one OHIP covered bed.  Anticipate lengthy wait list.

Danielle’s Place 905-333-5548 or 1-866-277-9959

Support and Resource Centre providing free support services to those whose lives have been touched by an eating disorder.  Binge Breakers group occurs Tuesday evening from 7:30-9:00pm.  For more information go to www.daniellesplace.org.  Based out of Burlington.

Sheena’s Place – 416-927-8900

Support and Resource Centre providing free support services to those whose lives have been touched by an eating disorder including Binge Eating Disorder.  For more information go to www.sheenasplace.org.  Based out of Toronto.

FEE FOR SERVICE

Homewood Health Centre – 519-824-1010 Ext 2551 (Admitting)

Ext 2292 (Program Information)

Provides intensive programming for those with eating disorders including Binge Eating Disorder.  Inpatient program for those who are medically stable.  Based out of Guelph.  Semi-private and private accommodation for those who have appropriate insurance or the ability to self-pay.  Anticipate average wait between 1-3 months.  For more information go to www.homewood.org.  based out of Guelph.

Sue Graham – 519-830-7767

Private practitioner providing individual therapy to those with Eating Disorders including Binge Eating Disorder.  Based out of Guelph.

Mt. Pleasant Therapy Centre – 416-488-2838

Multi-disciplinary staff including Psychology (Dr. Vera Roncon) and Social Work (Erin and Sarah Jackson) provides therapy to those with eating disorders including Binge Eating Disorder.  Based out of Toronto.

Candy McNeil – 519-760-3031

Individual and Family Therapy.  Based out of Guelph.  For more information go to www.whatseatingyou.com.

Leslie St. Jacques – 519-823-2798 or 519-824-1010 Ext 2116

Private practitioner providing individual therapy to those with eating disorders including Binge Eating Disorder.  Based out of Guelph.

William Corrigan – 519-824-1010 Ext 2119/519-578-7443 or email [email protected]

Individual, couple and family therapist providing counseling and support to individuals with eating disorders and their family members, including Binge Eating Disorders.  Based out of Guelph and Kitchener.

referral from GP July 2012     Orientation October 2012  SW initial Dec 2012   Nurse Prac. Dec 2012   Nutrition Initial Jan 2012  Nutrition Jan 2012      Psycho social Jan 2013    Meeting with Surgeon Feb 22 2013     Surgery May 2nd ( Dr. Jackson TWH)

ovalspice
on 3/25/13 3:25 am - Toronto, Canada

Wow, great list Joanne! I was diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder a few years ago and haven't been able to find good therapy that didn't cost me an arm and a leg lol.

NOTE of CAUTION: I had a HORRIBLE experience with one of the psychiatrists in the eating disorder's program at NORTH YORK GENERAL. She treated me like she saw me as a big fat hopeless slob *****ally just needed to use my will power to use weight. She was not at all in support of any kind of WLS. She was disrespectful and unprofessional. And when I tried to address her behaviour towards me, she told me I was imagining things and that I wasn't showing very much gratitude for the fact that she had done me a favour by seeing me for an ED assessment. BRUTAL.

Just my thoughts lol. Nothing ****** me off more than FAT SHAMING - except FAT SHAMING from professionals who should know better and whose salary I pay for through my taxes.

Cheers,

Andrea

Highest weight: 428lbs Dec/12: RNY surgery at HRRH March 18/13. Current Weight: 315lbs

Joanne D.
on 3/25/13 3:37 am - Canada
OMG I would have slugged her...... Just in my mind though....

Thanks for the heads up! PM me her name just so I don't meet up with her!! There is not a lot of Drs that deal with bing eating. Was given this list through credit valley hospital.
Going to check out a couple.
Joanne

referral from GP July 2012     Orientation October 2012  SW initial Dec 2012   Nurse Prac. Dec 2012   Nutrition Initial Jan 2012  Nutrition Jan 2012      Psycho social Jan 2013    Meeting with Surgeon Feb 22 2013     Surgery May 2nd ( Dr. Jackson TWH)

Derek C.
on 3/25/13 11:52 am - North Bay , Canada

Hi Joanne - Your contact may be a bit mistaken as i know first hand that Credit Valley takes WLS patients with Binge eating disorders as my wife is currently a patient in Week 2 of her 4 month treatment program .  She is almost 2 years out and has been hospitalized first here in northern ontario and now as a day patient at credit valley .  It was extremely hard for her to get into the program as they at first didn't want to adapt their diet to suit her WLS status however it was accomplished . 

The protocol in the program is extremely tough for anyone but even harder for WLS patients to say the least   - if anyone requires more info on this PM me and i will do my best to share however this disorder is real , its devastating and it is  so tough not only on the patient but also on their families and loved ones .

Surgery Date - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Ran first 5KM Race - Oct 14, 2012 (28 min)  - Currently maintaining a healthy 190 lbs and training for my first half marathon in the summer of 2013

Joanne D.
on 3/25/13 9:33 pm - Canada

Thank you

I have sent you a PM.

Joanne

ovalspice
on 3/26/13 2:05 pm - Toronto, Canada

I think I"ve blocked her name out of my mind lol. It was a French last name. And she was tall and skinny. lol

Highest weight: 428lbs Dec/12: RNY surgery at HRRH March 18/13. Current Weight: 315lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics