One week out- breakdown

Jessica S.
on 3/27/13 6:47 am - Ottawa, Canada
Hi just needed to vent, it's been almost a week but everything is tasting to gross, it's making me freak a little, having to stick to just sweet stuff for another two weeks will make me go crazy taste in my mouth is always nasty and I'm barely getting anything down, not even two shakes a day. I bought lowest yogurt pop that are better but man I need something salty, can we do a tomato soup or something?

jellyfishattack
on 3/27/13 6:54 am - Canada
RNY on 03/11/13

You can have V8 Juice (I bought the low-sodium kind), soups (strained), non fat cottage cheese (tastes great with fresh ground pepper), and Greek style non fat yogurt.  These foods aren't sweet, and I made sure to have some every day when I was on full fluids.  I am going through this at the TWH, and these foods are on their list of foods you can eat for the first two weeks post-op.

Jenn.  :)

1st appointment - Feb. 23rd, 2012. RNY Dr Cyriac Mar. 11th, 2013.

Jessica S.
on 3/27/13 7:01 am - Ottawa, Canada
Problem is my protein is strawberry or chocolate and if I make a soup which is what I want right now how do I get enough protein which I'm only able to get down like 30 g right now, does it get easier to get it with soft food phase? Do people meet their 90g in liquid and pureer phase?

johjen
on 3/27/13 7:20 am

Buy some flavour free protein from the bulk barn... Put it in soup ( cold) then heat and enjoy.  Hope this helps!

Diminishing Dawn
on 3/27/13 7:55 am - Windsor, Canada

My hubby bought roasted red pepper soup and pureed cottage cheese and added it to it.  That may help too.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Arlio1207
on 3/27/13 8:53 am - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

OMG that sounds so good. 

Arlene enlightened

Referred June 26, 2012, Orientation Nov 7, Nurse Nov 19. Dietician and Psychologist Nov 21, Dietician #2 Jan 4, 2013, Final Nurse Jan 24, Meet surgeon Feb 20th, Pre Surgical class Mar 6th, Dr Glazier March 7, PATTS March 7, Surgery April 4th !!!!!

Jessica S.
on 3/27/13 7:22 am - Ottawa, Canada
I'll go get some tomorrow.

Jessica S.
on 3/27/13 7:35 am - Ottawa, Canada
I'm smoothing into purred are laughing cow and fat free cream cheese ok you think ?

MellissaAnn
on 3/27/13 7:39 am - barrie, Canada

I put flavorless protein in everything I could... in my decaf coffee, my decaf tea, soup, oatmeal etc and I still use it 11 months post op on days where I don't get enough protein out of food or I don't feel like having a protein shake before or after the gym.

patience let's be realistic here, you won't drop two jean sizes in one day, you won't lose fifty pounds in one month, you're going to binge every now and then, you will go a day or two without working out, your weight is going to fluctuate here and there, you're going to try new techniques and they're not always going to work, you're a human being, you're going to fail from time to time but nothing great is ever accomplished without a few obstacles, JUST KEEP GOING.   

Sunny123
on 3/27/13 9:29 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

I am sorry you're having troubles - must be frustrating when things don't taste well.

I don't mean to sound condescending - but what kind of documentation do they provide someone post-op as far as diet? 

I thought we would be provided a book that outlines what you can and cannot have - with time lines associated with them.  I am sure my NUT said they provide this in a pre-op session.  Perhaps info differs from hospital to hospital?

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Most Active
Recent Topics