finaly4me79
on 3/30/13 1:31 am, edited 3/31/13 3:28 am

>

IM NOT LOSING WEIGHT.IM GETTING RID OF IT. AND I HAVE NO INTENTION OF FINDING IT AGAIN.

Megan M.
on 3/30/13 2:41 am - Canada
Optifast causes some strange things in the toilet bowl. So long as its coming out, I don't think you have to worry about it. There's probably a lot of backed up gunk in there (I know I had my share), and it's definitely gross. Your two days of clear fluids only before surgery will take care of the rest.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

finaly4me79
on 3/30/13 5:12 am
JJ_
on 3/30/13 5:59 am

It depends on your centre if you do a 2 day clear fluid diet before surgery or not.  I am in Ottawa and we drink Optifast up to midnight the day before surgery.

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/13 3:33 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

Not strange at all, don't worry as long as your going that is the main thing. It is not over you will have weird colour poops and all sorts of things while you get used to the New You.

chipmunk_roasting
on 3/30/13 6:38 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada

I *think* you're saying that you have taken Metamucil (menimusal?).   If so, no worries -- that's what Metamucil does;  it adds fibre and it's long and stringy, particularly since all you've got going in is liquid.

If you didn't take Metamucil, then ignore this.

mmm

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics