Eating Issues, How do you know?

MellissaAnn
on 3/31/13 3:46 am - barrie, Canada

I have been noticing that lately the amount I can eat in one sitting varies and I am wondering why this is, could it be that I am eating to fast and it's making me feel full without truly being full or can I eat 6-8 oz of food one day and than only be able to eat 2 oz another and how do you know the difference between the two?

it's confusing because your pouch size doesn't change from day to day so why does the amount of food I am able to eat vary from one day to the next.

patience let's be realistic here, you won't drop two jean sizes in one day, you won't lose fifty pounds in one month, you're going to binge every now and then, you will go a day or two without working out, your weight is going to fluctuate here and there, you're going to try new techniques and they're not always going to work, you're a human being, you're going to fail from time to time but nothing great is ever accomplished without a few obstacles, JUST KEEP GOING.   

Hanneli xoxo
on 3/31/13 3:53 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

I think it depends and varies on how dense the food is. I know i can eat less meat than say, salad. 

birdiegirl
on 3/31/13 4:55 am

Hi Melissa

Some days I am just "hungry"....so I eat.....I may add another snack...or up my portion of meat.......

I agree with Hanneli.....the denser the food - chicken...beef....the less of it I can eat......

Some days my pouch can handle 4-5 oz of dense protein at one sitting....another day I am stuffed at 2-3 oz......

I am also a fast eater...not good.....still working on this...lol....

Looks like you have done just great.....

PaulaToronto
on 3/31/13 6:01 am - Toronto, Canada

For me it all comes down to the density of the food I am eating.  Protein like eggs, cheese, meat and fish fill me up and carbs and others don't. 

It does vary from day to day but I still measure out my portion of protein and try to eat it first and then whatever room is left I use for fruit and veg.  I limit my carbs as my body is very sensitive and I can eat a ton of them. 

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

MellissaAnn
on 3/31/13 6:17 am - barrie, Canada
Thank you for your replies and I never thought of it as a density issue but that makes total sense, I was worried I was eating too fast therefore faking myself into thinking I was full.

I do measure all my portions 4 oz of meat, half a cup of veg and if I'm lucky a 1/4 cup of rice or half a small potatoe or sometimes I eat a small amount of fruit after dinner because my stomach isn't a fan of starchy foods/carbs like potatoes, bread, rice or pasta.

I will watch more carefully to what type of food I am eating when I start feeling full more quickly than usual, I just focus on chew chew chew, protein first and trying to eat slowly that I don't pay attention.

Thanks again Ladies xo
jewel-twin
on 4/1/13 12:19 am - Canada

your doing great hun!!! 

Family Dr. 06/05/2012    Referral Received 06/28/2012 Orientation 08/01/2012   NP 08/27/2012
SW 08/28/2012              Nut Class 08/27/2012
NUT 10/01/2012              PS 10/01/2012
Surgeon Dr. Cyriac 12/07/2012  **SURGERY  JAN 30, 2013**

fooh.png

MellissaAnn
on 4/1/13 3:15 am - barrie, Canada
Thanks lovely
Most Active
Recent Topics