Off to the ER

MellissaAnn
on 4/7/13 4:02 am - barrie, Canada
Off to the ER to have my random bruising that seems to be getting bigger and more painful by the hour checked out, here is hoping I'm not sitting there for hours... Fingers crossed.
(deactivated member)
on 4/7/13 4:21 am - Canada
RNY on 08/10/12
Oh my! Good luck and hopefully not anything serious.
moniquesgettingft
on 4/7/13 4:22 am - Scarborough Ontario, Canada
Wishing you the best and hope all goes well and speedy through the ER. Hope you feel better
Cindyoe
on 4/7/13 6:10 am
RNY on 01/28/13
Yikes! Hoping its nothing too serious, good luck!

Kingston RATC Referral March 4, 2012 - Sleep study August 20th, 2012 - RNY January 28 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH 

Starting Weight:  354           Surgery Weight:  334        

Julia P.
on 4/7/13 7:42 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

I hope it's something they can figure out and fix quickly for you!  Please keep us posted.

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

KarenHope
on 4/7/13 7:51 am
RNY on 04/15/13

Good that you are having it checked. Always better to be sure.

Referral Oct '11 Orientation Ottawa Dec 9 '11 NP June 25 '12 Sleep Clinic July 27 '12 

Tr to Kingston Aug '12  NP/SW/Nut Oct 1 '12 Pre-Op class - Dec 12 '12 Surgeon  Mar 4 '13    Surgery Apr 15 '13     

HW 304 CW 175 GOAL 150  

Moselle
on 4/7/13 10:48 am - Athens, Canada

I'll keep my fingers crossed that all is okay. Please let us know how you make out.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

MellissaAnn
on 4/7/13 10:58 am - barrie, Canada

the wait was horrible but all ER's seem to have horrible wait times. I saw the Dr, had some blood drawn and was sent home with an appointment to go back tomorrow morning at 8:30 for an ultrasound on my leg and to get the results of my blood work, so as of now I still have no answers to why my knee and lower leg is so sore and why I have random bruising in 4 different stops around my knee and on my lower leg that are very painful. hopefully tomorrow I will have more answers.

patience let's be realistic here, you won't drop two jean sizes in one day, you won't lose fifty pounds in one month, you're going to binge every now and then, you will go a day or two without working out, your weight is going to fluctuate here and there, you're going to try new techniques and they're not always going to work, you're a human being, you're going to fail from time to time but nothing great is ever accomplished without a few obstacles, JUST KEEP GOING.   

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/13 11:13 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I just went through this 2 weeks ago.  My blood work came back negative so I didn't require the doppler u/s.  Your blood work must have come back postitive for the d-dimer test and the next step is the doppler u/s to see if it is a clot.  The doc I saw in ER had told me that if it did come back positive, it doesn't mean it absolutely is one but they need to test further to know for sure.  It's very common in formerly overweight people to test positive for the d-dimer. Hopefully your u/s goes well and it's not a clot but if it is, it's best to get on blood thinners asap.  Did they give you shot of them before you left the hospital?  The doc I had explained if it came back positive, he'd give me a blood thinner then send me home to come back the next morning for the u/s as mine was on a Sunday as well.

MellissaAnn
on 4/7/13 11:36 am - barrie, Canada
No shot of anything or meds of any kind just sent me home, he didn't even have me wait for the blood work results to come just told me to come back for the ultrasounds and results tomorrow morning.
Most Active
Recent Topics