what a busy week...

RYMEBE73
on 4/5/13 1:19 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15

So, I first get a call from the Dietician at the Family Health Team to let me know there's an opening for the Craving Change workshop starting in April...WOOT WOOT!  April 16th is the first one.  Then I noticed I've been getting calls from the hospital but no message...WTF?  I'm thinking well, it could only be two places: the bariatric clinic or the bariatric medical program...so I decide to give it a call and go to the operator who transfers me to the non-surgical program admin, Samantha, after playing some more phone tag, finally get a hold of her and find out that yes she was trying to reach me and that they would like me to come in to meet the nurse practitioner, Scott.  I went in yesterday afternoon and I am slotted to start the program beginning of May (cross fingers).  It's all falling into place for me.  The only thing that may suck, we are going camping for a week in July and I believe I will still be on the Opti... :(  wonder if it'll be okay if I have at least one drink or two?

Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things.  It just means you have to accept what happened and continue LIVING  

Cuter_w_Curves
on 4/5/13 2:04 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

Wowsa! Good for you!

Re July... That would be a no most likely.

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Catw
on 4/5/13 3:04 am - Arnprior, Canada

If you are on opti, no drinks for you I'm afraid.  Basically, take lots of water, and ice and keep on the opti.  You can have Crystal Light Margarita's and Mojito's, but no real alcohol.

Cathy

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/13 5:15 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

Wonderful news for you. I think that by the time July rolls around you will be so happy with you results you won't want to screw them up for a drink.

Most Active
Recent Topics