Next phase of my journey...Opti starts today and my surgery date has been bumped up!

esther_cyw
on 4/8/13 10:06 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/26/13

Less than 3 weeks now, thanks to a sudden call by Lana for an earlier date! I haven't made one yet, so fingers crossed I find it tolerable.  I've read some other's posts about sugar free flavours at places like Winners so I found some (very little selection) and hope to find more to spruce the flavour up.  Any other tips and advice always welcomed.

Dar_Mab
on 4/8/13 10:10 pm - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Lots of ice.  The colder the better

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

roxytrim
on 4/8/13 10:35 pm - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

yea, ice it up & wirl all in a blender, if you need one Walmart has little Hamilton Beach models for less than $16.  Also a trip to a bulk food store for flavoring essence used for baking is worth it.  Adding orange or lemon to the vanilla, and you can have your own creamsicle, or lemon cream pie.  (gotta have an active food fantasy mind).  I start my meal with a cup a broth, and use the Optifast as my dessert.

Laurie2013
on 4/8/13 11:04 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/22/13

Hello Congratulations on your date being moved up! I also have Dr. Mamazza and started Opti last Monday! I thought I would not enjoy the shakes as I had been on a previous protein diet and absolutely hated the shakes but let me tell you the Optifast ones are not bad at all!!! .I am currently using Torlani SF syrup with my shakes which I found at Farm Boy if that helps..I heard they also sell some SF Syrup at Starbucks.....Blending with ice is the best option...my fav is the chocolate shake with torlani vanilla syrup...tastes just like a milkshake! When is your surgery date? 

Referral -11/22/2011 , Orientation - 1/26/2012,  NUT, RN, SW - 3/23/2012 , Met Dr. Mamazza - 2/26/2013, Start Opti - 4/1/2013, PATTS - 4/17/213, Surgery - 4/22/2013

Brenda T.
on 4/8/13 11:23 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12

You will do great.  I made mine with cold decaf coffee instead of water, then I added a couple drops of peppermint extract flavor (you can get different flavors in the backing isle).

That is great news that you got moved up!!  All the best, keep us posted.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Most Active
Recent Topics