5 day pouch test

MellissaAnn
on 4/28/13 10:08 am - barrie, Canada

I think I need to kick these carbs that are slowly making their way back into my diet, so I am thinking about doing the 5 day pouch test, is anyone else thinking of doing this and want to do it together or as a group?

Wish me luck.

patience let's be realistic here, you won't drop two jean sizes in one day, you won't lose fifty pounds in one month, you're going to binge every now and then, you will go a day or two without working out, your weight is going to fluctuate here and there, you're going to try new techniques and they're not always going to work, you're a human being, you're going to fail from time to time but nothing great is ever accomplished without a few obstacles, JUST KEEP GOING.   

mermaidz
on 4/28/13 8:00 pm - Brampton, Canada

Hi MellissaAnn

I read your other post about stalling and then found this one.. We do that. All of us. Someone explained it to me as my body catching up with itself and it is normal to go through phases like this. They can last for up to a few weeks.

If you are thinking you still want to do the 5 day pouch thingy I'm in.

(although lately I'm not getting notifications from OH that I've had a response to my post or emails?)

Good luck

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

dna
on 4/28/13 9:40 pm - Canada

Hey, I seem to have the same problem.  My carbs have been creeping up.

I tried the 5-day and lasted through the liquid stage but I think I didn't prepare as well as I should of. 

I have been stalled for about a month now.  The same pound up and down, up and down.  I have 15 to get to my first goal and it makes me nervous that I won't get there.

So, count me in.  I have to start on my 'days off' from work though.  That would make it Monday for me (next Monday) so if you need to go ahead.  Please do !  I will just learn from you :)

Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

Aquaholic_75
on 4/29/13 12:09 am - Canada
RNY on 11/14/12

What's involved in this 5 day pouch test? Never heard of it before.

Referral: August 8th 2011
Orientation: July 3rd 2012

Dr Huynh: July 24th, 2012         Dietitian: July 24th, 2012
Social worker: July 24th, 2012          Nurse: August 15th, 2012           Dr Glazer: September 21st 2012
                                                 Surgery: November 14th 2012 

MellissaAnn
on 4/29/13 1:58 am - barrie, Canada

http://www.5daypouchtest.com/

it's getting back to the basics, its an all fluid diet the first two days than slowly reintroducing protiens like fish eggs, than ground meats and than chicken, beef and pork the last day. you are allow broths, cream soups, SF jello, coffee, tea but no crabs, veggies, fruits etc.

patience let's be realistic here, you won't drop two jean sizes in one day, you won't lose fifty pounds in one month, you're going to binge every now and then, you will go a day or two without working out, your weight is going to fluctuate here and there, you're going to try new techniques and they're not always going to work, you're a human being, you're going to fail from time to time but nothing great is ever accomplished without a few obstacles, JUST KEEP GOING.   

mermaidz
on 4/29/13 9:43 am - Brampton, Canada

Hey dna I can wait til Monday. Need to get supplies in for it anyhow.

Remind me over the weekend in case I have an uber gap please? lol

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Most Active
Recent Topics