You know you have lost weight when....

Dar_Mab
on 5/5/13 5:58 am, edited 5/5/13 5:59 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

You go to a grocery store, flick your  shopping bag to open it and you realize your diamond ring is suddenly no longer on your finger.   After a few sick moments of looking around for it I realized it had flown off my finger and landed in the grocery bag.   Thank goodness.  I knew my rings were getting loose as they were spinning and driving me crazy. Just didn't realize they that loose 

Immediately following this heart wrenching event I drove to the jewellery store and got ring guards for my rings.    I hate to put them away for a year or so to resize when closer to goal but clearly I cannot leave them on my fingers without fear of losing them. 

I tell you I haven't had any nausea since surgery so haven't had a need to take any of the gravol I bought in preparation.  If I had lost my ring today I would have needed the whole box.    

I don't consider this an NSV by the way. Lol

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

Moselle
on 5/5/13 6:28 am - Athens, Canada

So happy that your NSV had a happy ending.  It's one of the things that everyone should remember....take them off before you loose them.

Congratulations on your success to date.  Keep up the good work.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

OKNEE FE + 3
on 5/5/13 9:13 am, edited 5/5/13 4:11 pm
I flung my white sapphire across the Metro Store aisle while directing my significant other to the dairy section

Still throw up a bit in my mouth when I think about it

Oknee's just gotta dance
Weight at the start of Optifast 378 T-1 OR Weight 352
Broke the 300 pound Barrier 13-Dec-2009 291.2lbs 01-APR-11 "onederland"
HGBA1C 5.2  d/c from the care of  my Endocrinolgist 09-JUL-10 "diabetes resolved"
10-MAR-11 Extreme Sleep Apnea (dx 2007) resolved-"b-bye CPAP won't miss ya"

HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT IRON AND/OR http://theironmaiden.ca/                

1greeneyedgirl
on 5/5/13 10:51 am - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

That is really great your rings are getting looser, the success is starting to show and even better you found it quick.

Cathy xo

Orientation: Feb 2013, Surgeon, Nurse, Dietician: June 2013, Dr. Glazier: April 2013, Surgeon: Dr. John Hagen, June 2013, PATTS: August 2013, Optifast: August 2013, Surgery: HRRH Sept. 5, 2013

Patm
on 5/5/13 11:02 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I am so glad you found your ring. My gift to myself for reaching goal is to have my engagement ring fixed so I can wear my wedding rings again

Onward and
Downward

on 5/5/13 11:15 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Hee!  I know the feeling.  I thought I lost a pinky ring that was special to me.  Found it on the bedroom floor, thank goodness.

My wedding ring is now on my middle finger - too big for the ring finger.  It will be a drag when it's too big for the middle finger.  But I'm not getting them sized until I get to a stable weight that I don't think I'll go below.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Monica M.
on 5/5/13 11:29 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

lol. sort of a backwards NSV. Glad that you found it!!

Most Active
Recent Topics