2 weeks POST - OP and Exausted

esther_cyw
on 5/13/13 6:09 am - Canada
RNY on 04/26/13
The first 5 days we're really rough as nothing excep****er would stay down whi*****luded horrid 26hr stints of extreme nausea and actual throwing up and tummy troubles. Reassessment at Ottawa and new meds prescribed for a suspected brand newly developed ulcer and things got much better. Beginning of week 2 and I was laughting until just this past Mother's Day weekend. Sooo very tired. For sure low protein crossed my mind and Sat/Sun/today I've boosted my intake to 70g but no improvement yet. Ideas? How long does it take once you get back on top of protein or could it be something else?
Nanato2
on 5/13/13 6:22 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

Are you taking your vitamins maybe iron or B12 is low.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Arlio1207
on 5/13/13 6:29 am - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

Well speaking for myself, I am 5 and a half weeks post op, and still tired. Back to my desk job, and on reduced hrs as I find full time hrs too much right now. Up the water intake, it helps, protein for sure helps you heal. You are probably not taking in many calories, once you can increase them your energy will boost up a bit. remember you just had major surgery and you are healing, it will come I promise. all in good time. 

Arlene enlightened

Referred June 26, 2012, Orientation Nov 7, Nurse Nov 19. Dietician and Psychologist Nov 21, Dietician #2 Jan 4, 2013, Final Nurse Jan 24, Meet surgeon Feb 20th, Pre Surgical class Mar 6th, Dr Glazier March 7, PATTS March 7, Surgery April 4th !!!!!

Monica M.
on 5/13/13 10:31 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

You've had major surgery. They did major rerouting of your insides. People forget that. Surgery takes a lot out of you. Nap. Sip. Get your protein in.

Most Active
Recent Topics