Allergies

merry1
on 6/2/13 10:34 am - Canada

I have had an allergic reaction to something and I have swelling on my face.  Emergency dept told me to take Benedryl which has not worked, going back tomorrow.  In the meantime my surgery is on Wednesday.  I was told the reaction shouldn't make any difference to having surgery.  I feel fine but I'm worried.  I'm totally prepared and Ive lost almost 20 pounds fasting.  Don't want to have to do it all over again... Any ideas from anyone?

mytimetoofly
on 6/2/13 12:03 pm - Canada

Keep taking the Benadryl it my take a couple of doses! Good Luck

the weight is coming off.......

Surgery: July 11, 2013. Hamilton, Ontario. 

merry1
on 6/2/13 6:42 pm - Canada

Thanks, I was told to take four a day but the package says I can go up to eight. 

JJ_
on 6/2/13 12:38 pm

The only concern would be if the swelling interfered with your breathing.  Otherwise your surgery should not be delayed....(just checked my crystal ball for this answer!).

Judy

merry1
on 6/2/13 6:40 pm - Canada

Thanks Judy, and your crystal ball.  I'm at my wits end trying to stay calm.  I really don't want to reschedule, I;ve made arrangements for everything to be looked after for me - my animals, plants, transportation, job, I bought all my shakes and starting nourishment for the first two weeks.  Got on the scales this morning and I lost another pound.  Im good to go!wink

Most Active
Recent Topics