isagenix shakes?

J. t
on 6/3/13 1:40 pm - Canada

does anyone here know about Isagenix weight loss/protein shakes?

i can't have chemical sweeteners, which cuts out a lot of protein shakes out there (most have splenda, some have sugar and are too high carb/high GI). my sister told me about these. since she's thin as a rail i'm not entirely listening to her ;)

does anyone know if the weight loss shakes are suitable for any of the following:

a) before surgery, before optifast that is, just plain losing weight before you go in

b) immediate post-surg period

c) long term use after surgery (after the post-surg period)

she does say they're high protein and low GI, but i imagine they're probably higher carb than some of them out there. she also says they taste good. and she's bringing me a sample when she comes down in july :) but i wanted to hear from bariatric patients that have experience before i sign on.

referred nov 2012 accepted march 2013 orientation october 2014. sw: 287

emahiser
on 6/3/13 2:55 pm

Here is what is in 1 of the Flavor of Shakes   http://emahiser.isagenix.com/us/en/image.ashx?id=30dc9910-ab fe-48c1-bbbe-73edda6417cf Hope this Helps.

http://www.emahiser.com

Diminishing Dawn
on 6/3/13 9:34 pm - Windsor, Canada

Too many calories and carbs 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Urbanlamb
on 6/3/13 10:19 pm - Canada

If you're not able to tolerate the Opurity, the staff will work with you to find alternatives.  *hugs*  Wait until your orientation/meeting with the surgeon and discuss it with them at the time.

Referral Oct 2012~Orientation May 31/13 at Ottawa Civic~Dr.Dent assessment July 16~Nutritionist and Behaviorist Sept 17~ Ultrasound Oct 17~Second appointment with Nutritionist and Behaviorist Nov 6~Approval for RNY!!~BLADDER CANCER DISCOVERED~Currently undergoing treatment for cancer, plans switched from RNY to sleeve...~GOT DATE FOR SURGERY...AUGUST 18th, 2014 with Dr. Yelle*....February 7/17...2.5 years post up and doing great. Starting process for OHIP funded panniculectomy...

Patm
on 6/3/13 10:43 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

There are protein powders with stevia. Are you able to tolerate that?

J. t
on 6/4/13 5:44 am - Canada

yes, i'm able to tolerate stevia. i don't particularly like it but i have no medical reason not to try it :)

they also have a shake called IsaLeanPro which is higher protein. a smaller-than-normal serving might have a better protein/carb ratio, but again, i don't have the info right in front of me. so i don't know if it's worth a try or not.

referred nov 2012 accepted march 2013 orientation october 2014. sw: 287

Most Active
Recent Topics