what antibiotics work the best after RNY

lisachevy
on 6/11/13 11:16 am - Kitchener, Canada
Hey everyone, so I think I have strep and I am going to my family dr in the morning. Urg only 2 weeks post op and I get sick. Now my question is does anyone know which antibiotics work the best after surgery? Or ones to stay away from. Any info would be appreciated

Lisa

Needanewbeginning
on 6/11/13 11:47 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

I had to go on antibiotics 11 days out I was given Zithromax liquid, it was disgusting but it worked well. Had to split to the first dose into two, but the next few days just once per day. I had the caramel one, my plan didn't over the cherry flavour, I should have paid out of my own pocket as caramel was soooooo bad.

Hope you feel better soon. enlightened

Annette

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Monica M.
on 6/11/13 8:57 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

let the doc and pharmacist know your absorption issues. theres more to consider than just which one will be best for your wls. It needs to be appropriate to respond to the bacteria that you're infected with.

Mary A.
on 6/17/13 1:28 am
On June 12, 2013 at 3:57 AM Pacific Time, Monica M. wrote:

let the doc and pharmacist know your absorption issues. theres more to consider than just which one will be best for your wls. It needs to be appropriate to respond to the bacteria that you're infected with.

excellent advice and no NSAIDS~~~

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Patm
on 6/11/13 11:23 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

As Monica said it has to be appropriate to your infection. I have been on 4 different ones in the last 5 mths. All effective. At the moment your main issue would be able to swallow the pill. Make sure it is smaller than an m&m or liquid.

(deactivated member)
on 6/11/13 11:34 pm
  Strep is not fun..that must make it extra hard to swallow now!  I hope you find a suitable anitbiotic that is easy on your tummy!  I find they always do a number on me and send me to the washroom even without this operation! Hopefully they give you something strong for a short duration!  Get well soon!
lisachevy
on 6/12/13 12:42 pm - Kitchener, Canada
Thank you everyone. My doc put me on a liquid verson of antibiotics that have worked for me in the past. Taste horribly sweet like bumble gum. Anyway looks like most meds can come in a liquid form.

Thanks again

Lisa

Most Active
Recent Topics