Topical NSAIDs

Brats1979
on 6/20/13 11:28 am
I hadn't really thought too much about topical NSAIDs but I guess I should. I'm a massage therapist and sometimes I do use them. Well in the near future I won't be able to because they are a no no after surgery. I wonder how I will explain that to all my clients that ask for it without telling them about my personal life.
Urbanlamb
on 6/20/13 11:40 am - Canada

Easy...just tell them you are allergic to NSAIDs. mail

Have you ever used Traumeel by the way?

Referral Oct 2012~Orientation May 31/13 at Ottawa Civic~Dr.Dent assessment July 16~Nutritionist and Behaviorist Sept 17~ Ultrasound Oct 17~Second appointment with Nutritionist and Behaviorist Nov 6~Approval for RNY!!~BLADDER CANCER DISCOVERED~Currently undergoing treatment for cancer, plans switched from RNY to sleeve...~GOT DATE FOR SURGERY...AUGUST 18th, 2014 with Dr. Yelle*....February 7/17...2.5 years post up and doing great. Starting process for OHIP funded panniculectomy...

Brats1979
on 6/20/13 11:59 am
Not sure they would believe me just due to the fact I have been massaging many of them for years without incident. I could tell them I am prone to ulcers and my doc advises me to stay away from it..then I'm not being dishonest but offering very little about myself

I have used the traumeel before as a request but only by one client. I personally don't think any of them are very effective for me but others sure do have strong feelings about which ones work best.
CathyinPtbo
on 6/20/13 12:09 pm - Canada

My surgeon says I can use the topical NSAIDS. I can no longer take the voltaren pills but use the rub without an issue.

Brats1979
on 6/20/13 12:35 pm
That surprises me, I was told no way absolutely not!!!! Always interesting to see how all the docs differ
2mar
on 6/20/13 7:29 pm
RNY on 09/20/12

I was told NO to Pennsaid! And they felt strongly about that.

Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

Lorraine M.
on 6/23/13 3:05 am - Canada

Dr Hagen told me that I can use my pensaid and other topical nsaids as very little gets absorbed into the bloodstream and nothing through the pouch.  Made sense to me and I haven't had any issues.

Most Active
Recent Topics