Pure frustration!

Hennagirliegirl
on 6/20/13 12:40 am - Canada

My GP faxed my referral to the registry over a month ago. I've been calling Humber to check since I requested Humber. 

Today I decided to call the registry.......no referral received! Seems that my GP sent an old form ( there has been a new form created since 2011, her last referral was prior to that but she had a copy of that referral form) 

Spoke to my GP's secretary, sadly the referral centre didn't contact them to have a new form sent, so an up to date referral form has to be sent and the process begins again

Hard to freaking believe.

Yours in frustration, Terrri

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/13 12:46 am

I know it is frustrating... hang in there ... it has happened to many of us. Some didnt know for months ...Keeep smiling it will happen 

Mandalious
on 6/20/13 12:49 am - Canada
RNY on 12/03/13
The same happened to me.
Have faith tho.
My original was April 13,
Second may 17,
I called the next week was giving orientation date.
Orientation was June 17, because of vacation and work booking I called on 19th to get general idea of wait period. They then have me June 26 to meet with surgeon.
It can move fast at Hrrh.
If that where your referral is sent

Referral May 17 '13 / Orientation June 17 '13 / Meeting w Dr Hagen June 26 '13 / RN,RD,SW July 31 '13 / Dr.Glazer Sept 3 '13/ Sleep Study Sept 5 '13 /2nd app w Dr Hagen Sept 16 '13 / F/U w  Dr Glazer  Sept 23 '13 / PRATTS Nov 14 '13/ Surgery Dec 3rd '13

Mary A.
on 6/20/13 2:45 am

just follow your trail with patience and understanding...and it will work out. 

Remember in the meantime..it gives you the time to learn, read, and make positive changes in your life...believe me...getting ahead of the ball in eliminating or cutting down on bad foods, increasing your physical activity...it all helps  to work in a positive manner for YOU after surgery.

If you have any support groups in your area..start going to meetings now..you will be amazed at how much information you will find out..not to mention support from others that will be able to help you navigate what is ahead.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics