3 month surgeversary!!

mona8
on 7/1/13 6:23 am - Kingston, Canada
Hi there haven't posted in quite a while and I thought it was time for an update. I remember being pre-op and looking forward to reading other's experiences so I thought I'd pay it forward. This coming Thursday I will be exactly 3 months post op, and what a ride it's been so far!!
First off, my scale victory, as of this morning I am down 63 pounds total, 5o of those lost since surgery the rest during Opti. I feel wonderful. I've had no complications what so ever ( knock wood ), I ensure that I meet my protein, vitamin and fluid requirements everyday. I workout for an hour to 2 hours at least 5 days a week and am generally far more active daily than I can ever remember being. So far I've been able to tolerate any foods that I've tried, but I really stick to the rules, I've not tried anything sugary, fatty, cafinated, alcoholic, or carbonated nordo I have any desire to do so. I'm happy with protein and vegis and have almost an aversion to those foods that I've been warned not to eat. Many smells as well as the thought of some textures still mke me feel nausiated, and I really hope that is always the case ( but I am aware that it will likely wear off ).
The NSV's are too many to list, bu I have been keeping track as I bump into them. I've dropped from a size 24 to a size 16/18, I can do yoga, I can play again, I can give myself a pedicure no problem, sit in the bath tub and soak comfortably, excercize is so much easier than before, I have energy to spare, I sleep like a baby, can cross my legs, and sit on a lawn chair comfortably and w/o worrying that it will colapse beneath me.........and they go on and on.
Now onto the compliments.....a part of this journey that, pre-op, I actually dreaded. I worried about having people focus on the part of me that I hated the most. Well, I had no iea what those compliments would do for my self-esteem.......they really warm the insides.
A few words of advice......follow the rules like a religion, don't take the scales too seriously ( stalls do happen - my first one just about drove me crazy and all the bad thoughts flooded my head, this past one not too bad ), take lots of pictures - you really won't see the loss in the mirror ( i had a picture taken of me this w/e at a family bbq and when I was looking thru the oodles of pics on my camera I actually did not recognize myself ! ), and be kind to yourself!!
If I can figure out how to post a before and after pic I will do so today.

Ref- Aug 2011, Orient ( OWMC )- Nov 11, Transfer to Kingston- May 12, NP, DT,SW,H-pylori ( neg ), BW, Ab US,- Jul 12, NP return Aug 12 ( HBA1C 8.2 ), started insulin - Sept 12, Diabetic Opti Clinic-Jan 11 13 ( HBA1C 7.0 ), pre-op class- Feb 6 13, Surgeon Feb 22 2013 ( Dr. Hagen HRRH ), Dr. Glazier March 18 2013, PATTS Mar 12 2013, Opti Mar 21 2013 Surgery April 4 2013.

Dar_Mab
on 7/1/13 7:17 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Congrats!  Great to hear another story added on this site about how well things go - especially when you follow the rules!

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

gwynnkitty
on 7/1/13 9:45 am - North York, Canada

Congratulations! :) It certainly sounds like you're on the right path!

Referral to Surgeon: February 12, 2013 Appointment with Surgeon: April 24, 2013 Endoscopy: April 30, 2013 Referral sent to Bariatric Registry: May 2, 2013 Orientation Appointment: May 27, 2013 Dr Klein Appointment: June 6, 2013 Second Upper GI Series: June 11 Dr Glazer: August 12, 2013 RN/RD/SW: August 29. 2013 Follow-up With Dr Klein: September 23, 2013 Start Opti: October 23, 2013 Surgery Date: November 14, 2013 

Patm
on 7/1/13 10:06 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congrats. You are really working the rny. Continued good luck on your journey

mona8
on 7/1/13 12:45 pm - Kingston, Canada
Thank-you everyone....I love my RNY and for Dr, Hagan for starting me on the path to changing my life forever

Ref- Aug 2011, Orient ( OWMC )- Nov 11, Transfer to Kingston- May 12, NP, DT,SW,H-pylori ( neg ), BW, Ab US,- Jul 12, NP return Aug 12 ( HBA1C 8.2 ), started insulin - Sept 12, Diabetic Opti Clinic-Jan 11 13 ( HBA1C 7.0 ), pre-op class- Feb 6 13, Surgeon Feb 22 2013 ( Dr. Hagen HRRH ), Dr. Glazier March 18 2013, PATTS Mar 12 2013, Opti Mar 21 2013 Surgery April 4 2013.

Arlio1207
on 7/2/13 4:59 am - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

congrats Deb !!! You are doing amazing. You have lost far more than I have. I have only lost 51 lbs, I admit though, I am not exercising like you are. I wish I was, I am so darn busy it seems all the time. I do exercise, but much less than you do. Maybe I need you to kick me in the butt huh? I am so very proud of you, I showed Joe your pic this morning, he almost fell over !!! You look amazing and you feel amazing. I am so glad I get to share my journey with you !! I could not have asked for a better surgery twin. Cant wait to see you my friend.  hugs

Arlene enlightened

Referred June 26, 2012, Orientation Nov 7, Nurse Nov 19. Dietician and Psychologist Nov 21, Dietician #2 Jan 4, 2013, Final Nurse Jan 24, Meet surgeon Feb 20th, Pre Surgical class Mar 6th, Dr Glazier March 7, PATTS March 7, Surgery April 4th !!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics