IT'S TIME!!!!

zephie
on 7/5/13 2:15 am - Moose Factory, Canada

After 18 months of waiting.. today the time is finally here to head out for Jen's surgery on July 9th. I have been joking that if I live through this ...she will be fine..but there is more truth to it than joke!!! Today we catch a land taxi to the river, then water taxi across to the other river bank, drag our stuff up the bank, take a land taxi to the train station in Moosonee, have a 5 hour train ride, stay in Cochrane overnight, drive to Timmins tomorrow, kill some time there & stay there overnight, catch a plane Sunday to TO, go to our hotel & kill some more time till Tues morn at 6:30 am when Jen has to be at the hospital!!!! Then next Sunday repeat the whole process again but with my kid (she's 39 lol!) after surgery...yikes!! Who says life isn't an adventure??

This is good practice cause in October I get to repeat each step away but for myself that time. Thank you to all the participants in this forum..over and over again my questions have been answered before I even got a chance to ask them. Good sound wisdom here has repeatedly encouraged us in this journey...thanks again all!!!

Orientation - Feb. 19 & 20/13 - NP,Nut, Psych, - Mar. 14/13 - Sleep Study - Mar. 24/13 - OTN with Dr. Sullivan - June 28/13  On my way!!! Preop Sept 25/13  -  SURGERY OCTOBER 22/13!!!!!!!!

It's not how you start this life...it's how well you finish it...& I plan to finish it with gusto!!!!

kristaeb
on 7/5/13 2:51 am

Wow this IS quite a journey for you..I will never complain again about a simple 2 and half hour drive for me again....Congrats to you both... And have a safe trip...Krista...kiss

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

LilyBugsMommy
on 7/5/13 2:58 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

^^Ditto!^^

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

NorthernStar
on 7/5/13 2:53 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Wow that is a long trip! I can't complain about my 2 hour drive to Toronto. Good luck and travel safe!!!

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Laurie C.
on 7/5/13 5:29 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

WOW!!  but it's soooooo worth it!

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

Patm
on 7/5/13 5:52 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I think I would be worn out just by the travel. Good luck next week.

aamber02
on 7/5/13 5:38 pm

I'm from Ottawa but lived in Moosonee for 3 months while doing the Katimaik program years ago...quite the journey ahead of you! Best of luck and safe travels.

Dar_Mab
on 7/5/13 9:04 pm - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Best of luck for safe travel and safe surgery for Jen.  

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

(deactivated member)
on 7/6/13 6:33 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

Best Wishes.

Most Active
Recent Topics