P28 Bread & Protein suggestions

Ontario54
on 7/10/13 3:49 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 06/07/13

Hi,

I'm now into the post op phase where I am nearing my 'regular' WLS diet.

I've read about the P28 bread and spreads and would like to buy some.  Does anyone know where it can be purchased in the GTA area?

I also need to increase my daily protein and would like some suggestions on suggestions for low carb additions other than the usual meat and cheese options.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mona

HW 290   SW 266    CW 196 *** RNY June 7, 2013  -  St Joes  -  Dr. Scott Gmora

kellybelly333
on 7/10/13 4:19 am - Toronto, Canada

I get it at the Healthy Planet on the Danforth. Metro used to sell it. I rarely have any, except before a long run. I personally wouldn't start having it until further out. I still avoid bread and pasta as much as possible. Just my 2 cents.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

jay_dee_767
on 7/13/13 6:09 am - Canada

healthy planet has the spreads in now too ;) yay!! and bread is very hard on my pouch!!!!

Referral Recieved November 13/12  Orientation Nov.19/12 meet Dr.Klein and NUT Nov .26/12  , Meet the social worker and RN on Dec. 6/12 ,DR.Glazer Dec.13/12 Meet Dr.Klein and pick up optifast Jan.16th 2013 Patts Feb.19th,2013, Surgery March 5th,2013

kellybelly333
on 7/13/13 7:21 am - Toronto, Canada

Yeah it will be at 4 months out. One slice is enough for me at 2+ years out. 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Delicious_Delilah
on 7/10/13 4:35 am - Ottawa, Canada

Don't know where you can get P28...haven't been able to find it here in Ottawa...I've looked at Metro, but haven't ventured anywhere else.  I want to limit my bread intake anyway...I have it only occasionally.  Dempster's has a new body-wise variety (100 calories for 2 slices...and 5 g of protein...I think).

In terms of boosting your protein, I get most of mine from, you guessed it:  meat and cheese.  But I also get some from greek yogurt, milk, nuts and peanut butter (in limited quantity given fat/calories).  I think edamame is a good source (though maybe I'm thinking fibre).  Anyway, edamame in pods (in frozen section) -- heat in microwave and toss with a bit of coarse sea salt.  Beans, of course, are a good source of protein.  I prefer my beans in forms like hummus or dry roasted, like dry roasted chick peas.

That should give you a bit of a start on a list.

Julia P.
on 7/10/13 4:49 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

I ordered mine online at the Low Carb Grocer - they have a store as well:

http://www.lowcarbcanada.ca/NutriBread-P28-High-Protein-Brea ds-1-Loaf-p/ptb001.htm

Low Carb Canada: East Coast #7-780 Birchmount Road Toronto, ON M1K 5H4 Local: 647-728-7028 Toll Free: 1-855-LOCARB1

I do agree with Kelly, though - I only eat a slice every couple of weeks (usually before a morning run).

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

Delicious_Delilah
on 7/10/13 4:50 am - Ottawa, Canada

Just checked the nutritional info for edamame:  good source of protein for both fibre and protein!  For half cup:  9 g fibre and 10 g protein!  And very tasty.

gonna_B_thinner
on 7/10/13 5:28 am

I have bought some P28 bread and bagels at Metro.  They said they use to carry it but for a while couldn't get it but have since gotten it in again, it's in the frozen section near the bakery.  I also asked about the spreads it they would get them in too and they are looking into it.  The bread was $6.99 a loaf, I find the bread a bit sweet and have to cut it in half to fit into the toaster.   I am still pre op but want to start increasing my protein now so it's not as big a deal after.  (it was within the last month that I found it)

BluIzGal
on 7/10/13 5:32 am - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

I spoke to a distributer of the spreads and metro won't be carrying them. Mass nutrition in Mississauga carries the bread, spreads and flat breads which would make an awesome pizza crust.  The spreads with tax is close to $15 but amazing tasting. It is high in fat and calories. 

KristieA
on 7/10/13 6:22 am - Orillia, Canada
Metro was out of stock for quite a while. I contacted the company and they were working on the supply/distribution problem.

Great news - I found it where I live a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully it will continue to be in stock. Where I am it is found in the bakery section, but in a freezer.

Kristie

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

Most Active
Recent Topics