My first support meeting @ 1.5 yrs. out... what was I thinking!

DonnaB1952
on 7/11/13 9:59 pm - Amherstburg, Canada
RNY on 01/18/12

Hi all, I attended my "first" support meeting last night and I have to say it was great! I never participated before... I must say at 1.5 years out I was feeling like I need to chat to others who might be experiencing some issues or old habits that have crept back into being... OMG I found out I am NOT alone... LOL!  

Listening to everyone speak about where there are today and where their journeys had begun, seeing their before photos... remarkable. Everyone at a different stage in their personal journey hearing their stories... it was INSPIRING to us all!!

I always thought I did not need this format I was doing it on my own and had been successful... wrong, what was I thinking... after meeting such a lovely group of people I just have to ask why, why do it alone... so if you are  thinking like I was .. I say forget it find a group and be engaged it is all good!

Finally a big thank you to MarnyB who kindly opened her home to us last evening hosting the Mississauga South meeting awesome time! See you all in August.

Enjoy your day,

Donna

My Journey: Highest W= 349 Loss w/Weight Watchers= 296 Loss w/Optifast= 278 
Referral: Aug.25/11 Orientation: Sept.26/11, Optifast: Dec.28/11 & Surgery: Jan 18/12 

Total Loss= 187 lbs & Weight Loss since Dec 28/2011 w/Opti+WLS= 134 lbs. 

Current Weight  - April 2013 = 162.2

kellybelly333
on 7/11/13 10:22 pm - Toronto, Canada

I hope to make it to the next one!!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Gabygee
on 7/11/13 11:10 pm - Canada

We are a nice bunch of people - anybody in Burlington or Mississauga is welcome to come - right, Marny?

What a thoughtful spread Marny put out - lemon ice water, and four or five kinds of Crystal Light / Mio.

Watermelon, crudites, crackers, dips ... even coffee for us addicts! And two kinds of sweetener!

The hostess with the mostest!

brendak1
on 7/11/13 11:11 pm - Canada

Good Morning:

It was a very nice coffee meet, I to thought the same way about attending meetings. Then you go to one and it's like someone turned on the bright light.

Can't wait to meet again.

momof4beautifulgirls
on 7/12/13 6:02 am - Canada

It was a great meeting, it was great to see familiar faces and new faces.  Thanks Marny, you were an awesome host.

Most Active
Recent Topics