Another post about Opti!

sabrinastrength
on 7/19/13 12:13 pm - Canada
I know, I know... enough about optifast already. Since my life is all about opti right now it's at the forefront of my mind. I'm still having issues still with it in the sense that I can't get over the nauseated feeling when drinking it. I got 3 of them into me today and the thought of having a 4th literally turns my stomach. I'm hungry, yes, been drinking lots of water. I even had a piece of celery to break up the texture (I know it's bad to have had celery *smacks my hand*). I'm just not sure what to do, but the evening seems to be the worst when this happens. I try to gulp it down fast, make sure it's cold, put in some cocoa powder and I'm done. I think I just needed to rant at how frustrated I am with opti right now.... 2 weeks today til surgery.... 2 more weeks of opti.... stay strong!

Highest Weight Pre-Op: 346lbs;. Surgery Weight: 330lbs; Current Weight: 204lbs
Surgery: Aug 2, 2013

Jessica D.
on 7/19/13 12:56 pm - Canada

I do not know if this will help but I found if I drank my opti in a cup with a lid and straw I did not get as nauseated from it............I also used a blender and lots of ice..........hope this helps some what.  

LittleMiss2013
on 7/19/13 1:06 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

I have heard of people buying the sugar free flavored syrup bottles from Star Bucks and using them to flavor the Opti. I know for a wine bottle sized bottle it's $10 and they have caramel and banana flavors I think...some other kinds too...might be worth a try to get rid of the opti taste?

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

JJ_
on 7/19/13 2:37 pm

I did not experience nausea at the thought of drinking another Optifast.  I would suggest that you contact your bariatric centre on Monday and seek professional guidance.  They may suggest an alternative diet for the remaining two weeks.

Judy

Bellafeega
on 7/19/13 10:42 pm - Toronto, Canada

I feel you sugar! I just started opti yesterday and i was gobsmacked by the taste. I muscled it down of course but all i could think about was cake whilst doing it:). This morning i put some crystal light in it and while it was still opti, i found it less offensive on a whole!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: April 30th 2013  Orientation:  May 27th 2013   Meet Dr Huynh: June 4th 2013

RD and RN: June 5th 2013  SW: June 11th 2013   Dr Glazer: July 3rd 2013  2nd Meeting with Dr Huynh: July 18th 2013  SW: July 18th 2013 Sleep Test: July 16th  Follow Up With Dr Glazer: July 22nd 2012  Patts: July25th Surgery: August 7th 2013!!!!!!!!!

Darthmummy
on 7/20/13 1:10 am
Try either cocoa or instant decaf coffee. They both cut the texture.
Nevergiveup28
on 7/20/13 1:23 am
I purchased the big milkshake straws frim Walmart and that really helped get it in me quick.
Lots of ice, really cold, flavoured it with decaf coffee granules, my straw, bullet and it was good to go.

jennifer_rpn
on 7/21/13 12:48 am

Try adding extracts to change up flavors, crystal light powder, LOTS of ice blended is the key, I have to admit I loved it and didn't have a problem. Just have t experiment with it and keep your focus on the amazing award at the end of it all - a NEW life and beginning kiss YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

My   is Quinns_mommy  and she rocks - Thanks for all your support!
AndiT
on 7/21/13 1:00 am - Hillsboro, OR
VSG on 10/30/13

I'm doing premiere protein shakes for my pre-op, and some days I cannot do them all... I bought some sugar free Torani syrups from Lollicup.com they are 4.85 a bottle and a bottle of sugar free.fat free caramel sauce as well.  (DaVinci brand syrups are delicious as well and come SF too) Put in some instant coffee, some of the flavors, and some ice and its not QUITE Starbucks, but you have an "iced coffee", or throw it all in a blender with some ice.

I hope it helps, hold on there, its been 2 weeks for me so far on this diet with no actual scheduled surgery in sight... I think my NP is a masochist.

Most Active
Recent Topics