Surgery date dilemma

Larbac66
on 7/24/13 9:01 pm - Canada

Wow what a tough decision! The only advice I have is, if you have travellers insurance and you have complications from the surgery ( if you do it before cruise) they won't cover the cost for an already existing condition and usually they don't cover the costs if you had surgery within 6 mths. I don't envy you, do what is best for you. Good luck!

Fabulous_by_Fifty
on 7/24/13 9:27 pm - Canada

First off congratulations on the new surgery date.....wooohooo!  So sorry to hear about your dilemma.......boohoo.  The vacation sounds fabulous.  Since you have already gone thru all of the emotions of your surgery date being so far away I would still go on my vacation and keep the original surgery.  With that being said it is easy for me to choose because it is not my dilemma.  I know you will make the right decision for you.  Good luck.  How's the cottage?  Are you home now?

newpossibilities
on 7/24/13 9:42 pm - Oakville, Canada
RNY on 11/19/13
Hi F by F, that is a good point. The emotional part was tough at first but im over it now.

We're still at the cottage. Here for 2 more weeks then back to reality. I had the opti delivered here - just in case but I guess I will be bringing it home. You probably start your opti soon, I'm guessing in another week?

Referral Mar 1, 2013 Orientation Apr 17, NP May 2, SW May 6, Nut May 6, Dietitian June 6, Psych June 18, meet surgeon July 5, PATTS Oct 8, Surgery Nov 19th

newpossibilities
on 7/24/13 9:50 pm - Oakville, Canada
RNY on 11/19/13
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts. I'll call the office this morning and let them know I'm going to keep my original date. So I guess I'll be joining those of you on the bench in November.

Referral Mar 1, 2013 Orientation Apr 17, NP May 2, SW May 6, Nut May 6, Dietitian June 6, Psych June 18, meet surgeon July 5, PATTS Oct 8, Surgery Nov 19th

ToNewBeginnings
on 7/24/13 11:21 pm

Good Idea. I really don't think you could enjoy the trip.

Fabulous_by_Fifty
on 7/25/13 7:55 am - Canada

It does suck but that is probably your best choice.  Like I said before easy for me to say because it is not my dilemma.  With your decision made you can now enjoy the best of both worlds.  Go on that fabulous cruise now and do the WLS on your return.  Looks like a win win situation.  YES I start my Opti next Tues.  Still pissed that I got 3 weeks tho.  lol

Katiebear291
on 7/25/13 9:03 am - Canada
RNY on 12/10/13

Who is your surgeon?

RNY  - December 10 2013 Dr Lindsay Toronto's Saint Joseph Hospital Toronto

newpossibilities
on 7/25/13 9:24 am - Oakville, Canada
RNY on 11/19/13
I met dr Aarts but have been told that Dr Cyriac will do my surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics