New Video and 1st day Opti !!

DanaStClair
on 7/25/13 10:49 am - Canada
VSG on 08/15/13

Hello my lovely OH friends :)

I made it through my first day of OPTI today with no issues at all. *knock on wood* Only 20 more days to go!

I have decided I need to find a store in Toronto that sells SF syrups, because the Vanilla is not my fave :(

I have made a new YouTube video that talks about my first day, follows up on some discussion around being treated differently pre/post op and finishes off with pics of me at current weight *shutter*... http://youtu.be/qjsvoa8IzeE

As always, comment here or there and I will reply! Hope you all had a great day and are heading into an even better weekend :)

Dana

Positivity, Positivity, Positivity + Protein, lots of protein ;)

1greeneyedgirl
on 7/25/13 11:30 am - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Hi Dana, that's great you got through your first day of Opti, did you add anything to it?  My first day will be Aug. 22, and I'm hoping to be able to make some interesting Opti shakes.  I will have a look at your video on Youtube.  Good for you, keep us posted on how you are doing O.K.

Cathy xo angry

DanaStClair
on 7/25/13 12:19 pm - Canada
VSG on 08/15/13

Hi Cathy,

I had 4 shakes all together today. I plain vanilla, 2 plain chocolate and 1 vanilla with peach/mango mio added. It was AMAZING! I like the chocolate ones okay, but the vanilla is tough. I add the flavouring directly to the water and mix it like as if I was just going to drink the water. Then I add the powder to tha****er and mix mix mix! That way I know I like the flavour and I don't end up ruining a shake... hahaha

Keep in touch!

Dana

1greeneyedgirl
on 7/25/13 1:22 pm - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Hi Dana, sounds good, I think I will like the chocolate also.  The peach/mango mio sounds really yummy!  Good luck on your days of Opti-fast.  We will talk more I'm sure.

Cathy xo enlightened

Orientation: Feb 2013, Surgeon, Nurse, Dietician: June 2013, Dr. Glazier: April 2013, Surgeon: Dr. John Hagen, June 2013, PATTS: August 2013, Optifast: August 2013, Surgery: HRRH Sept. 5, 2013

Darksyde
on 7/25/13 1:02 pm

Starbucks carries SF syrups, you just need to ask for them, as they're not out for display.  I'm actually finding the vanilla easiest to handle, because I'm adding Lemon Lime Crystal Light to a cup of COLD water, about 6 ice cubes, and the Vaniila Opti. Throw it into the Magic Bullet and blend away....tastes like Lime Sherbet! (Which I love!) Gotta get some orange CL to get my Creamsicle on, now.

Good Luck!

Orientation - 05/04/13  Social Worker - 08/04/13  Nurse Practitioner - 07/05/13  Nutrition Class - 13/05/13  Psych Assessment - 04/06/19  Nutritionist - 19/06/13  Dr. Urbach - 19/07/13  PATTS - 02/08/13  SURGERY AT TWH - 13/08/13  HW-393 Opti Start-386  SW-347

DanaStClair
on 7/26/13 12:59 pm - Canada
VSG on 08/15/13

Thank you SO much for this tip. I went to SB and bought the SF Hazelnut, and picked up a SF lemon from Second Cup. Both are AWESOME! I am going to be on the hunt for the SF Peanut Butter ... the SB I went to didn't have it, but I am sure out of the approximate 50 million SB in Toronto, someone will have it lol

Mochalocks12
on 7/26/13 5:33 am - Canada
Not sure if you like mocha flavours, but vanilla opti with decafe coffee and SF chocolate syrup is good.....I'm on day 5 and am on it for 3 weeks..... Good luck!

Referral July 30, 2013..VSG BY Dr. Lloyd Smith Aug 12, 2013.  Pre OPTI weight: 350. Sw331 CW190

DanaStClair
on 7/26/13 1:01 pm - Canada
VSG on 08/15/13

You know, I hadn't really considered the decaf coffee option... that is VERY SMART! So do you mix up 300ml of decaf coffee and put the opti right in? Do you drink it cold or hot? I have 3 weeks of Opti as well, so I am looking for every creative recipe out there haha Good luck to you as well :)

Mochalocks12
on 7/26/13 1:26 pm - Canada
I put in the Opti SF syrup and the coffee grounds and then water and mix and it tasted pretty good. I heard other people make the coffee and freeze it into I've cubes or make the coffee and let it cool and use half coffee half water.... I think you have to try it and alter it to your liking.... Good luck!

Referral July 30, 2013..VSG BY Dr. Lloyd Smith Aug 12, 2013.  Pre OPTI weight: 350. Sw331 CW190

Most Active
Recent Topics