Arrrgh help

michellealana
on 8/17/13 11:14 pm
I realize I have to stay away from my scale, but it drives me crazy not to know daily what is going on.
What is a good average guess as to what most people lose a week?
I just see my scale not moving. Three weeks out and it drives me crazy.

Referral sent: October 17, 2012  Info Session: February 13, 2013  NP: March 13, 2013

Dietitian/SW: March 25, 2013    Abdominal Ultrasound/ECHO: March 26, 2013  Second Dietitian: April 24, 2013

Transfer to OWMC: May 10, 2013 Call from Clinic: May 21, 2013  Pre-Surg Class: June 26, 2013

Surgeon/PATTS: June 26, 2013 Call for surgery, July 2, 2013

Surgery July 25, 2013 Dr Neville Ottawa Civic 

Dar_Mab
on 8/17/13 11:24 pm, edited 8/17/13 11:25 pm - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Don't go there. Everyone loses at a different rate. Everyone goes through some stalls.  Myself I lose in stair steps.  Lose nothing for a few weeks and then all of a sudden the scale moves 5-10 pds over a couple of weeks. Repeat cycle.    Others might lose consistently each week.     

Weight loss will be what it is.  Follow your plan - get your protein in, water, vitamins and above all exercise of some sort. 

I would recommend not weighing more than once per week if it bothers you. Me I weigh daily but I have learned to not freak out at no scale movement as I have seen my pattern of weight loss 

Besides I noticed you had surgery just about 3 weeks. Please search this forum but you will see there is a typical infamous 3 week stall!    Don't worry about it. You will lose weight at whatever rate you are going to lose it. Until you are a couple of years out just relax and follow the plan. You will lose and enjoy the journey more!

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

LilyBugsMommy
on 8/17/13 11:55 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

Great reply! 

This is the best advice for EVERYONE to follow!! We all have our own journey, on our own path :)

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

Diminishing Dawn
on 8/18/13 12:13 am - Windsor, Canada

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

jellyfishattack
on 8/18/13 12:31 am - Canada
RNY on 03/11/13

It's so frustrating being in a stall, even if you know what it is and why it's probably happening.

I was in my first stall, at less than three weeks, for about three weeks.  It was emotionally hard, but this forum was such a support & font of knowledge.

I tend to go 3-4 days without losing much, if anything, and then lose for the next 3-4 days now.  But, it's okay, I'm still doing well, weight wise, it's just traumatic to look at the scales and see them staying the same or even going up 1.5-2 lbs before starting to go down.  At my support group, I asked about this (what I thought was an odd pattern) and the leader polled everyone - and to my surprise, about 45% of post-ops lost weight the same way. 

Support groups are great things, even if they only happen once every week or month.  I go to the York Region support group (I could walk to it - almost - or soon enough...), when I'm not at the cottage on weekends.  It meets generally the 3rd Sunday of every month, and I'm thinking about going to the Danforth Mr. Greek coffee night group on Thursday evenings too.  You can get quick answers on the forum, but have conversations in the meetings and also give away big clothes and find new clothes in smaller sizes too!

Hang in there and try not to be as disheartened as I was in my first stall!  :D

Jenn.  :)

1st appointment - Feb. 23rd, 2012. RNY Dr Cyriac Mar. 11th, 2013.

kristaeb
on 8/18/13 12:35 am

Everyone stalls, i was in one for 12 days..No big deal. And i was 3 weeks out when mine happened too. I weigh myself once a week now. I am not going to obsess about the numbers. I told myself from the start that i will keep losing until i feel good and i know i can maintain that weight... Dont worry...Keep following your guide lines and it will work out...Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Most Active
Recent Topics