How do I change my goal weight and my ticker info??

starry957
on 8/16/13 9:03 am

Well, I am about 7 months post op - my surgeon and any of the people I've met with at the clinic have never discussed with me a "goal weight" of any kind.  In my head, I kind of thought that 180 would be "decent" because I knew what size that would be in clothing, which I am quite happy with.  Anyway, I'd like to lower my goal a little bit now that I've reached my initial one - but how do I change this info in my health tracker, etc on here??

I don't know about others', but it seems weird to me that no one has ever discussed with me any particular goal?!?  Am I the only one?  How and when do "they" determine your weight loss success, re: the stats on EWL (ie 60%, etc)??

Thanks,

Kerry

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

jellyfishattack
on 8/16/13 9:45 am, edited 8/16/13 9:46 am - Canada
RNY on 03/11/13

Hi Kerry,

It's pretty easy to change the goal weight on your ticker.  First, click on "Health Tracker", then you will see your current weight and your goal weight in a box entitled "Body Weight and Composition".  You goal weight is in blue font - click on it and a box will pop up that allows you to change your goal weight and save it or cancel it.

It's odd that they didn't mention what you wanted to weigh after surgery.  At TWH, one thing we had to do before we saw the Nut was determine our goal weight - I think that they wanted you to have realistic expectations before surgery.  It was part of our homework.

When I was in for my 3 month follow-up (at 5 months), the nurse practitioner told me that they consider the operation a success if you lose 50% of your excess weight and that some people don't lose more than that.

Jenn.  :)

1st appointment - Feb. 23rd, 2012. RNY Dr Cyriac Mar. 11th, 2013.

starry957
on 8/16/13 12:24 pm

Thanks Jenn - I think I've got it figured out now...although now I have two tickers...LOL

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

Most Active
Recent Topics