What About Meals for the Rest of the Family ?

ArleneAnne
on 8/17/13 1:10 pm - Oakville, Canada

I have only just had my orientation meeting at Toronto Western ..... and have sooooo many questions !!

One that I did not think of before, but that was posed by my husband ...... what is he to eat while I am on the liquid, soft diets, etc ..... he feels that he will not be able to cook just for himself (he usually does much of the cooking....we are retired ) ..... I feel that it will not bother me that he is eating a different meal than I am ..... and I do not think that it will bother me if I have to prepare it .... but would really appreciate any comments from you all out there !!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/13 1:14 pm, edited 8/17/13 11:20 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

The only time you are really restricted is on Optifast and then the first two weeks of full fluids.  After that you can puree any meal he might be making within reason of course.  I cooked for others the whole time and it didn't bother me at all and since he does most of the cooking, there's no reason why he can't learn to cook for one or else cook for what was for two and then eat leftovers. Even once you are on full solids, he will have to learn to cook a lot smaller portion for you so he may as well learn to cook smaller portions when you are not to eat .

Patm
on 8/17/13 10:28 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

There will be a time during opti and fluids when you will need to eat different. I made some meals and froze them for my husband but mostly he just made his own.

Eventually we just ate the same. I have a lot less. We always ate pretty healthy anyway. I usually have left overs for lunch the next day. My husband likes that I am much healthier so one night he made himself pasta because that is what he wanted and made me chili.

ArleneAnne
on 8/17/13 11:11 pm - Oakville, Canada

This makes me feel a whole lot better ..... I had visions of two whole different meals ..... and a MUCH more restricted diet on my part !   ..... as for cooking smaller portions, my husband is rather overweight himself, so perhaps this WILL be of great benefit to him "in spite of himself" !!!!

Patm
on 8/18/13 3:52 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

My husband and I are both 62. We have become much more active. he's says me getting fit might kill him! LOL

Most Active
Recent Topics