Let's Talk Harvest Crunch

kristaeb
on 8/28/13 4:58 am

I cook 1 can at a time.Well rinsed and dried.. before i add everything.. I start them out at 400 shake them every 10 min for 20 min.Then i turn temp down to about 350-375 and continue to shake every 5-10 mins til golden brown, i test to see if they are crunchy. Keep a close eye on them..Good luck Krista..kiss

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

ToNewBeginnings
on 8/28/13 5:04 am

Thank You.

debralight
on 8/28/13 1:10 am - Canada

I'm not sure you are going to like my opinion much but your post raised red flags for me.

Mindless eating is what got us into this mess. Post surgery it is what most of us want to guard against. The surgery is a great too but if we allow old habits to return we can end up right back where we were.

Maybe consider replacing mindless eating with a hobby that keeps your fingers busy doing something else?

Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

diane48
on 8/28/13 1:14 am
RNY on 05/07/13

I love the dried green beans from Trader Joe's for crunch!  3/4 cup=130 calories, 4.5g fat, 20g carbs, 2g protien.  Usually I have 1/4 cup to satisfy the crunch crave.

birdiegirl
on 8/28/13 2:02 am

Hi Diane

Just curious - does 1/4 cup really satisfy?....that cant be many green beans...like 3 or 4?.....

diane48
on 8/28/13 3:20 am
RNY on 05/07/13

I just counted-- it came out to 20 pieces.  They are dried and cut into pieced already and lightly salted.  Once I did try to eat the 3/4 cup and I couldn't do it.  It was too much.

Onward and
Downward

on 8/28/13 8:47 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Just to answer this for roasted chick peas and roasted green peas - I have 1 oz at a time, and they really do satisfy, believe it or not!  You get the crunch, I like the blast of hot spice (I get the spicy kind), and it probably works out to MAYBE a quarter cup.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

birdiegirl
on 8/28/13 10:04 am

Thanks for the info...its good to know when you want a bit of crunch.....(green beanS)

Diminishing Dawn
on 8/28/13 2:38 am - Windsor, Canada

I would not give yourself permission to mindlessly anything other than non starchy veggies.  That's just asking for trouble.  I know a lady who after having a baby, got hooked on to grazing cheerios and gained 5 lbs. 

Personally unless you are under goal I'd stay far away from this. 31 grams of carbs is enough to make me have a huge reactive hypoglycemia incident.  That all turns into sugar. 

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

jellyfishattack
on 8/28/13 3:58 am - Canada
RNY on 03/11/13

Hi Dawn,

Just a little public thank you for getting me going back on the right path - tracking my meals daily, keeping my carbs lower & getting in enough protein.  Just replacing my morning Cream of Wheat made with water let me reduce my carbs by 9g today, and that's just the start.   :D  It's scary to hear about Cheerios leading to 5lbs, , my own mindless snacking has been all zero calorie drinks, or a decaf or two with a bit of skim milk.

Thank you,

Jenn.  :)

1st appointment - Feb. 23rd, 2012. RNY Dr Cyriac Mar. 11th, 2013.

Most Active
Recent Topics