Let's Talk Harvest Crunch

Laurie C.
on 8/27/13 10:09 pm - Collingwood, ON, Canada

I've been looking for something to crunch on, I've finally got off Worthers Candies, licorice and popcorn but find I need something to munch on, (mindlessly)

I picked up Harvest Crunch at Costco last night and didn't think it looked too bad for 2/3 cup.

I'd like some opinions please

Thanks

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

jellyfishattack
on 8/27/13 10:41 pm, edited 8/27/13 10:42 pm - Canada
RNY on 03/11/13

Hi Laurie,

I'm just a noob and 5.5 months out so I feel it hard to talk like this to someone so close to their goal weight, but 2/3 of a cup of Harvest Crunch would be over 1/5th of my daily calories, but half my daily fat,  more than 1/3rd of my carbs, and less than 1/20th of my daily protein.  I don't think it would be enjoyable or filling enough, especially eaten mindlessly, to 'spend' all those carbs and fat grams.  I personally couldn't fill the rest of the day with permissible foods and eat enough to not feel hungry.

If I ate that cereal, I think I would be struck by lightning LOL, and honestly your word, "mindlessly" to describe eating post-op makes me quite worried.  I'm glad that you're off the candies and popcorn, but you still seem to have a lingering head hunger problem.  You might need to really think about why you need to eat stuff mindlessly to conquer those last pounds and keep them off for good?

Jenn.  :)

1st appointment - Feb. 23rd, 2012. RNY Dr Cyriac Mar. 11th, 2013.

LORICARD
on 8/27/13 11:13 pm - Canada

i get the kellogs protein cereal, gives that crunch but lowing in calories higher in protein. you get a large box at costco for $5 something. i use it in my yogurt or dry if i'm craving something crunchy

hibbyangel
on 8/28/13 2:28 am - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13

i bought some of the kelloggs protein vailla at costco the other day. 10g protein and 9g fibre 9g sugar 3.5g fat per cup...im only 6 weeks out so I cant eat that much of it, but its fantastic and crunchy 

CCs_mum
on 8/27/13 11:22 pm

Love the stuff :-)

I drink a premier protein shake in the morning because I have never been a morning eater.... at 10am, I take a break at work and have a Silhouette 50 stirred vanilla or lemon greek yogurt with 1/3 cup of Harvest crunch.

Sinfully delish and totally on plan :-)

Have learned that I can't measure my journey only by what I've lost.  I've gained health and extra time on this earth ... that is most important

kellybelly333
on 8/27/13 11:45 pm - Toronto, Canada

Too many carbs!! I couldn't do the sugar either. I really don't do cereal much at all actually. You might find that you'll want to cut it out after your malabsorption finishes. Just a thought.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Needanewbeginning
on 8/28/13 12:28 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

I agree with the above posters, this cereal not a good choice. I ave the new Special K protein cereal, but only eat it on occasion. Good your off the other munches. 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

ToNewBeginnings
on 8/28/13 12:51 am

This used to be one of my favourite cereals, but now it's not worth the calories and sugar for me. If you have the need to eat mindlessly (not the best choice) I would have suggested a huge bowl of popcorn with some butter spray but I see you've gotten off that.

Hmmm...what to eat that is crunchy?

I remember someone said they put pepperoni slices in the oven and they were crunchy. Maybe you could look for some low fat stuff?

or roasted chick peas? I've never tried them but they sound like they might be good.

...or maybe check out the Ontario recipe group.

Good luck!

kristaeb
on 8/28/13 3:13 am

Roasted chickpeas with a little olive oil, seasoning salt ,garlic powder , and dried rosemarry are my favorite ...Jus****ch the amount you eat because the carbs..They are so good....Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

ToNewBeginnings
on 8/28/13 3:52 am, edited 8/28/13 3:52 am

What temp. do you cook them on and for how long?

Oh yeah and also do you make a big batch at once? I 'm wondering how long they will stay edible.

Most Active
Recent Topics