Dr Glazer @ HRRH

Mandalious
on 8/29/13 1:11 am - Canada
RNY on 12/03/13

Sept 3rd I will be seeing Dr Glazer . NERVOUUUUUUS.

Im seeing my surgeon Dr Hagen on Sept 16th.  This staff said this appointment wont be moved until Dr Glazer orders test and I cant get them done before that.

Seriously! I will move mountains to have any test done between those appointments. Appointments w Dr Hagen are forever to get and this will delay me for months.

The only test Dr H staff said that wont mess with my appointment with Dr H is a sleep apnea test. Which I doubt I will have to do. I dont have any sleeping issued, my neck is under 16 inches.

Okay, so after that ramble.

What are some test you guys from HRRH have had Dr G ordered for you to do? and how long did it take for you to get them done?

I wanna be benched by NYE 

Referral May 17 '13 / Orientation June 17 '13 / Meeting w Dr Hagen June 26 '13 / RN,RD,SW July 31 '13 / Dr.Glazer Sept 3 '13/ Sleep Study Sept 5 '13 /2nd app w Dr Hagen Sept 16 '13 / F/U w  Dr Glazer  Sept 23 '13 / PRATTS Nov 14 '13/ Surgery Dec 3rd '13

pjsmith
on 8/29/13 1:32 am - Canada

Dr. Glazer is the nicest doctor... loved him.  He will order an ECG and do it in the office.  He will likely order a sleep study.  He seems to do that routinely unless you have NO symptoms, but it's up to him.  He will review your history and order any additional tests that he feels are necessary.  It is actually quicker to go through the tests with him and he prefers it I believe.  

Mandalious
on 8/29/13 1:38 am - Canada
RNY on 12/03/13

Thanks! What kinda wait time to have those test done w him tho? 

Referral May 17 '13 / Orientation June 17 '13 / Meeting w Dr Hagen June 26 '13 / RN,RD,SW July 31 '13 / Dr.Glazer Sept 3 '13/ Sleep Study Sept 5 '13 /2nd app w Dr Hagen Sept 16 '13 / F/U w  Dr Glazer  Sept 23 '13 / PRATTS Nov 14 '13/ Surgery Dec 3rd '13

pjsmith
on 8/29/13 1:57 am - Canada

ECG is done right in his office while you are there to see him.  The sleep study it depends on how the sleep clinic is doing.  But he prefers you to have it done there.  The results are available to him right away apparently.  I had to wait about 3 weeks for the sleep study but they had had problems with their machines the week before so they had a backlog.  I have seen others get it quicker than that.

Mandalious
on 8/29/13 2:03 am - Canada
RNY on 12/03/13

Thanks hun. 

I joke with my friends I will be told I have some sleeping problems if I have a sleep test done. I can't sleep in strange beds. I'm not worried about sleep test. They said it won't effect my Dr h appointment. It's all the other stuff he can ask me to do

Pez
on 8/29/13 6:03 am - Oshawa, Canada

I had no tests ordered by Dr.G.  I had my PATTs the same day I saw him and they had done my EKG, so he didn't do another one.  The only medicine I took before surgery was my inhalers for asthma, no other conditions.  I think it matters what else you have going on.

hibbyangel
on 8/29/13 7:09 am - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13

I met him, his secretary took my blood pressure and an ecg...DR. G reviewed my medical history, and my ECG, asked if I snore or stop breathing in my sleep(I didnt)..he decided I didn't need a sleep study or any other testing and that was that..I was allowed to book my last surgeon appointment. 

Mandalious
on 8/29/13 7:15 am - Canada
RNY on 12/03/13

Thank you! Great !!!

Laurie C.
on 8/29/13 7:45 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

Dr. Glazer order a Stress Mibi for me which is like an ultrasound with contrast and stress test all together but it takes at least 3 hours.  I had to have it done at a clinic he chose.  It might have been because I was 55 but I'm not sure.

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

jenn_ben
on 8/30/13 2:18 am

I went to Dr. G in  July he set up a sleep study for me with in a week and his office was great and book my follow up appoinment for the same day as I come to do my pre opt blood work to save me from driving to Toronto an extra day, his office staff is amazing :)

Most Active
Recent Topics