High Impact Exercise and "Jiggling"

cutekatie
on 9/16/13 5:43 am
RNY on 05/16/12

I'm not so much looking for advice and just wanting to know if there are others in the same situation as me.

I have a very good exercise routine that includes swimming laps in the winter, walking/jogging in the summer, aquafit, and lifting weights in the gym.

A friend of mine dragged me to a cardio kickboxing class. It was awesome but I found that it hurt to do any of the jumping exercises (jumping jacks, burpees, skipping, etc.) My whole front hurt because it jiggled so much.

So even though I love the class I'm going to stick to non high impact exercises but just wondered if anyone else had to limit the type of exercise based on their saggy/jiggly skin. (which btw I will take over being 100 pounds heavier :)

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Urbanlamb
on 9/16/13 6:16 am - Canada

You may find some help from wearing undergarments that keep everything firm??  I'm thinking an undershirt that is really tight and high waisted undies that are really tight?

Referral Oct 2012~Orientation May 31/13 at Ottawa Civic~Dr.Dent assessment July 16~Nutritionist and Behaviorist Sept 17~ Ultrasound Oct 17~Second appointment with Nutritionist and Behaviorist Nov 6~Approval for RNY!!~BLADDER CANCER DISCOVERED~Currently undergoing treatment for cancer, plans switched from RNY to sleeve...~GOT DATE FOR SURGERY...AUGUST 18th, 2014 with Dr. Yelle*....February 7/17...2.5 years post up and doing great. Starting process for OHIP funded panniculectomy...

cutekatie
on 9/16/13 7:39 am
RNY on 05/16/12

Good idea. I currently wear tight capri pants but that doesn't really help with my upper body. Just need to win the lottery so I can have perfect plastic surgery :)

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Katie M.
on 9/16/13 7:58 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

I have a friend who swears by the compression shorts/pants and sports bras you can get at Under Armour. They're expensive but she said it's worth the money to be able to jump around without giving herself black eyes lol :p 

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

Urbanlamb
on 9/16/13 11:16 am - Canada

EC3D makes really nice compression garments too.

Referral Oct 2012~Orientation May 31/13 at Ottawa Civic~Dr.Dent assessment July 16~Nutritionist and Behaviorist Sept 17~ Ultrasound Oct 17~Second appointment with Nutritionist and Behaviorist Nov 6~Approval for RNY!!~BLADDER CANCER DISCOVERED~Currently undergoing treatment for cancer, plans switched from RNY to sleeve...~GOT DATE FOR SURGERY...AUGUST 18th, 2014 with Dr. Yelle*....February 7/17...2.5 years post up and doing great. Starting process for OHIP funded panniculectomy...

Most Active
Recent Topics