Crazy how fast time has flown!!!!

jen1016
on 9/17/13 12:08 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 09/19/13

I have a countdown clock on my phone until my surgery, so it shows the day, hours and mins. I had set it for 7:00 AM on Thursday September 19/13.   So I just hit the icon, instead of the one beside it and it says 1:20:59 ....now panic / nervousness / being overwhelmed is settling in!!!

I swear I can cry at the drop of hat ... I hear my emotions will be all over the place post-op as well.  I am sure tomorrow, I will be a wreck too waiting for the PHONE CALL with what time my surgery is at! 

I finally shared my decision to have the RNY on my Face Book profile ...I wasn't going to, but decided it is a part of me and who I will be ... I really only received one negative response, I expected more actually.  So I am grateful for the support that I did receive!!

Any tips on how to get through the next 46 hours ????

Jen

Michele T.
on 9/17/13 12:29 am - Canada

Hey Jen,

I was the same way it really hit me the day before surgery and the morning of.  I was really nervous but I knew it was for the best.  I just try to think of the much better life I would have after this surgery and this is what got me through it.  I am almost 5 weeks post op and doing great.

Good luck to you!

Referral from GP October 2012  Starting Opti July 15th  Surgery with Dr. Jackson @ TWH on August 8th, 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics