Morning nausea

meighanfish
on 9/19/13 8:59 am

I am just over 2 months post op and I have issues in the morning.  I take my vitamins and have some water and then feel nausea and feel like I need to vomit about 20 min later.  I rarely eat breakfast because of this.  Any suggestions?  Should l try to eat first and take pills later?  I have had a bad cold for the last two weeks which is when it got worse so wondering if that has somehting to do with it.  Thanks for your input.

Hennagirliegirl
on 9/19/13 9:03 am - Canada

perhaps you could try taking your vitamins with a protein shake, otherwise I think eating first then taking your vites later should help.

Terri

Katie M.
on 9/19/13 9:21 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13
This may have nothing to do with your nausea but since you mentioned you had a cold could it be post nasal drip causing it? I always feel sick in the morning this time of year because of post nasal drip from allergies. I am ok when I wake up but as soon as something hits my stomach I feel sick.
That may not be it, but it's a suggestion

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

(deactivated member)
on 9/19/13 10:03 am - Straford, Canada

I have two ideas for you to mull over.  When I began eating solid foods I found I was having waves of nausea in the morning and early afternoon.  When I forced myself to eat it went away.  When I began eating even a small amount when the feeling began I felt fine.  My body was telling me to eat.  When I did it stopped.  Eventually it stopped altogether but took about six months.  Second thing to consider is the vitamins or something in them is making you feel sick.  I began taking a Shoppers brand calcium that made me want to puke about 15-20 minutes after taking it.  Calcium had never bothered me before, so I switched to a Jamieson and I was fine.  I don't know what it was in the other brand but my naturopath has told me several times that many of the binding agents and colouring used in pills can make some folks sick.  I would try eating , then taking the vitamin, see if that helps. If not, try switching brands.  Good luck! 

Chelsea1
on 9/19/13 10:09 am - Canada
I second Ian on both ideas. I feel nauseous when my body needs me to eat and I used to get sick from the actual vitamin.

Most Active
Recent Topics