What are you eating/doing today (Thursday)

birdiegirl
on 10/2/13 7:33 pm

RNY  4 Years 6 Months Post OP

Morning

Another long day today.....packing my lunch and dinner to eat in my office.....

STEPS - 5675

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

L - 1.4 cup of tzatziki sauce

1.5 skewers of chicken souvlaki

D - 6 oz tex mex chicken

1/3 cup of shredded habanero

S - 2 wasa

2 light laughing cow triangles

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 901,  Carbs - 41 grams,  Fat - 26 grams,  Protein - 123 grams

All water....vits

Have a great one   mail

Onward and
Downward

on 10/2/13 8:10 pm, edited 10/2/13 8:10 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Morning Barb and everyone else!  I just got back to yesterday's thread and wanted to post some words of support to Julia, whose menu I've been watching since she had surgery three weeks before I did, but I see everything worked out and I didn't want to bump the thread again or get involved in something that's already resolved.

But I just want to say that I'm so glad things worked out - Julia, you've been such an inspiration.  You've been doing a couple of things right that I haven't been able to do.  I gain on much fewer calories than you, but that's because I'm much less active than you are, and I know it!  You've also gotten to a much lower weight than I have in a shorter period of time, despite starting out only 16 lbs less than I did.  And I know why - it's because you've been working the plan, paying close attention to what you're eating, and now you're figuring out maintenance with a very stressful job.  It looks like you're handling the stress better than I am if you're still finding time to exercise!  I thought I'd try to get in 10,000 steps yesterday with the new FitBit.  I barely broke 3000.  And you're running 10Ks. (Doesn't help that I have a wrecked knee now, but I haven't found time to even go swimming lately, which I thought would be my exercise of choice.)  I'm not saying I haven't worked the plan - I think I've done pretty well!  But I also see myself slipping lately.  It's like I've involuntarily gone into maintenance mode, but I probably shouldn't be there yet.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, you're helping me a lot just by being here, even though I haven't commented much, and some days I don't even make it to this thread.  I know exactly what you're going through with stress eating, and it sounds to me like you're handling it better than I am lately. You're certainly tracking it better than I am. I have great intentions in the morning, but I don't come back to the thread and tell everyone what I really ended up eating...it's such a struggle. 

Today: busy day again, but at least nothing happening after work.  However, I'll likely be going in early and working late.

10 MONTHS POST-RNY

B - Premier Protein shake

S - 1 oz blue cheese and a MacIntosh apple

L - Leftover salmon sashimi (3 pieces), and leftover golden dragon roll (4 pieces)

S - 1/2 cup ricotta/splenda/vanilla mix, plus a 1/2 cup berries

D - Not sure yet, something focused around protein. Haven't had a chance to grocery shop lately.

S - 1 glass skim milk

No totals since I don't know what I'm having for supper.

Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

birdiegirl
on 10/2/13 8:28 pm

Hey....dont be so hard on yourself!!....and please don't compare yourself to others....( I know its difficult not to)....you and your body and mind are unique

YOU....have done fantastic!!!.....please understand...that just the FACT you are aware enough to figure out your food most days....even if you don't always follow what you planned....is a wonderful attribute for continued long term success....

I follow what I plan in the morning about 75% of the time....its usually pretty close....but If I get home and begin on the crackers and cheese....I can add some calories fast....and I do this enough to keep my weight stable instead of losing..... 

Its very common to slip the further out you are.....what is really important is the getting back up after the slip...and plodding onward

Keep up the great work

Onward and
Downward

on 10/2/13 8:39 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Thanks Barb, you're always so encouraging!  :)  It's such a strange thing lately - I just can't seem to stop the evening snacking thing!  I'm certainly not binging the way I used to before surgery (probably because I can't), and the type of food I'm eating is different now, but it's unsettling to have those same comfort eating triggers, even though the results aren't the same anymore. 

You know, I'm thinking I should actually try to go back and track on bad days, just to see what combinations of food I'm ACTUALLY eating, and what the stats are for those days, and see which days I lose or gain.  Then I might get a better idea of what I need to plan for myself in the morning.  I think probably what I'm planning is inadequate for my needs, but I don't really have any idea how to adjust. 

Oh well, luckily my 1 year appointments are coming up in November. :)

Thanks again for your encouragement, Barb.  I find these threads so helpful!  And it's so great to see how you do it from day to day at over 4 years out.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Patm
on 10/2/13 10:49 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Barb is right you have done amazing. You have tried new things and are always open to doing more. We all have bad days and think we do worse than others. I know I do. So try to relax and keep up the great job you are doing.

Onward and
Downward

on 10/3/13 12:42 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Thanks Pat!  Looking forward to the road trip in a couple of days!  I'll email you to see when you want to leave. :)

Julia P.
on 10/2/13 9:58 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

Michelle, thanks so much for your words of encouragement!  You are doing an amazing job, too!  You have been working the plan so well over the last 11 months.  I think it's normal to struggle further out, particularly as life gets in the way.  I ended up eating even more than I had posted yesterday as I ate an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie from the kids' lunch stash - totally stress eating, full of sugar, and not on plan at all.   It sounds like we're living parallel lives, and I hope things calm down for us both soon!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

Onward and
Downward

on 10/3/13 12:44 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Thanks Julia!  So glad you came back today. :)  And yes, that's exactly what happens to me.  I plan my day, and then "add on" at night.  Sorry, didn't mean to make this all about me!  If you're maintaining, then you're doing great.  And heck, I'm maintaining too, and I never thought I'd be this weight again, so I'm not unhappy overall.  Have a great day!

Julia P.
on 10/3/13 2:35 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

I'm glad you posted your experience - seems like we're in the same boat right now!  I think we're both doing awesome. :) Have a great rest of the day!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

JenH1969
on 10/2/13 9:32 pm - Brighton, Ontario, Canada
Good morning!

I had a fairly good day yesterday- seems my days are getting busier and busier but I am doing more planning and prep for being on the road - haven't lost anymore but I shall keep on trucking

Swam 22 laps yesterday- up 2 from the 20 I have been doing

Br- protein shake
Sn- cottage cheese and yogurt
Ln-halibut and bean and veggie slop
Sn- grapes and cheese string and pepperette
Sp-chicken and salad
Sn-Special K protein cereal and Greek yog

Have a great day everyone!

SMILES~JEN 
SW-296 lbs,CW-240 lbs,GW-150 lbs
               ~Don't let what you want NOW affect what you want MOST~
                                           WE CAN DO THIS!!