What are you eating/doing today (Thursday)

birdiegirl
on 10/16/13 7:05 pm

RNY  4 Years 6 Months Post Op

Morning

Full day at work today.....home this evening.......my DH is out tonight so I get the remote all to myself......

STEPS - 4500....too little....too much sitting in the car and at my desk

EATS

B - 2 large mugs or\f regular coffee

Premier protein shake

S - 1 large egg bite

L - Boston Pizza starter size greek salad

3 oz grilled chicken

D - 4 oz pulled pork

S - 9 low sodium triscuits

1/2 cup of shredded habanero cheese

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,242,  Carbs - 58 grams,  Fat - 82 grams,  Protein - 88 grams

All water....more decaf coffee and tea....and vits

Have a great one   mail

kristaeb
on 10/16/13 9:12 pm

Morning , crappy weather again today .I want to get my walking in.

B- scrambled egg with veggies and turkey.

S- 1 oz LF cheese and pickle slice.

L- sauted veggies .

S- home made protein bar.

D- grocery run tonight  ..

S- roasted chick peas..some protein shake.

Have a good day ...Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

birdiegirl
on 10/17/13 12:13 am

79 pounds lost krista!!!  fantastic

Patm
on 10/16/13 9:21 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning Barb. My bad eating has caught up with me on the scale. SO I need to get back to better eating. Thursday nights are often bad for me so must be sure I follow the plan.

Applied for a part time job yesterday. The interview process was very annoying so walked off the annoyance. This gave me 10, 351 steps. So at least something good came out of it.

Went to the TWH support group last night. Kind of disappointing. Talked a lot about the diagnosis of night eating and very little about the strategies of avoiding it. I guess I already know stop eating and distraction.

b greek yogurt, granola

s. almonds

l. chili, apple

s protein shake, almond milk

d chicken, acorn squash

s silhouette yogurt, baby bel

cal 1053, carb 101, prot 99

Leanne1
on 10/16/13 10:28 pm - Newmarket, Canada

Hi Pat :)

Sorry to hear that the meeting was disappointing! I have actually had this chat with Lorraine.

I have been a night eater for 30+ yrs. Usually, I get up about the same time EVERY night. I can't help it, it just happens. I have tried to avoid it, tried drinking water, tried having protein before bed; you name it, I have likely tried it. Whatever is in the house that has any sort of sweetness to it... "look out sweet stuff, you're getting eaten by me" whether it's a small cookie, raisins, chocolate, or something I have baked...it doesn't matter, I. am. going. to. eat. it! 

Now, in talking to Lorraine, she told me that it's ok. I'm not saying that it is for everyone but for me, it is. She said it's my body needing a boost of sugar at that time of night. No rhyme or reason, and she advised me to just keep doing what I'm doing. 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Patm
on 10/16/13 10:34 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I think it was disappointing because it was more about the diagnosis than the solution. They did mention that planning a snack for night eating was okay. I guess I was looking for that magic formula that would keep me from eating 2 or 3 snacks at night. Will power will have to do

birdiegirl
on 10/17/13 12:15 am

Menu looks good Pat....and you are smart to get after extra pounds as soon as possible....

I think all of us have night eating issues......I convinced my DH while talking this morning that we need to walk at night to avoid too many hours sitting in front of the tube......lets see if that talk produces aftion...lol

Patm
on 10/17/13 12:30 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I have a dog that my husband walks. I try to go with him as often as possible. Tonight I walk him on my own

Julia P.
on 10/16/13 9:56 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

RNY, 1 Year Post-Op

Good morning everyone,

Not feeling great today - I have a really sore throat and am congested.  I guess my crazy work schedule is finally catching up with me.  I ran yesterday afternoon and it did not go very well - very sluggish probably because I wasn't feeling well.  I think I'll take an exercise break today, and hopefully I'm better tomorrow.

Here's my eating plan for the day:

B - Greek yogurt, berries, SF syrup, hemp hearts

S - Pepperettes, babybell cheese

L - Tuna w/ mustard and mayo, melba toast, spinach salad

S - Hummus and carrots, raspberries

D - Chicken breast, asparagus, cottage cheese/cinnamon for dessert

S - SF Jello, FF pudding

Totals - 1542 calories, 104g carbs, 66g fat, 140g protein

Have a great day!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

Leanne1
on 10/16/13 10:34 pm - Newmarket, Canada

I hope you feel better soon Julia!

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Most Active
Recent Topics