Ready to get this show on the road.

Katie M.
on 10/17/13 9:02 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Surgery is tomorrow, 9 am! I can't believe it. This time last week it felt like I would be in Opti hell forever and surgery would never get here. Now I am counting down my last hours. I'm not nervous at all, oddly, for someone with such a long history of anxiety. I haven't been nervous once during this whole process. People have been asking me all week if I'm nervous or excited or scared and I just keep saying no, I feel totally normal. I just feel... regular.  Maybe the anxious part of my brain is just shut down, like when your body is in shock and you don't feel pain - my brain normally would be so overloaded with anxiety so maybe it shut down to keep me from keeling over? Seems like a logical explanation :p Or maybe I am just so sure of my decision, so ready to change my life for once and for all, so ready to have the the things I haven't had in life up to this point. I am looking forward to dating, finally, since I've not done that. (Even though the thought of dating still scares me to death) Looking forward to going back to the job I loved that I had to leave because it was too physical for my weight. I'm seriously looking forward to going shopping for clothes. I spend so much time pinning clothes I love on Pinterest, creating a style for myself that was always just a daydream. Soon instead of having to try and make something fashionable out of the Penningtons selection I can actually buy the things I pin! I think it's going to be a very interesting experience, moving out of the shadows and in to the light. I've always lived against the wall, hoping no one would notice me but secretly wishing someone would. It will be an adjustment, getting used to having eyes on me as I lose weight but I am ready to be the person I know I am underneath all this weight. My mom has been telling me since I was 19 that I hide my light under a bushel, and if only I would allow people to see it, the happiness I could have. Well, I am almost 31 years old and I am finally ready to hoist off that bushel. Step one happens tomorrow at 9 am. I'm so, so, so ready.

Thanks to everyone who has given me so much encouragement on these boards over the summer. I've met some amazingly strong people here, both online and offline, and I appreciate all the wisdom you've imparted. I can't wait to do that for other new people as well!

And now, off to prepare my final Opti! It's going to be a good one, I've saved some cookie dough DaVinci syrup to add to a package of vanilla. With about half the water and lots of ice it tastes something like cookie dough ice cream ;) 

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/13 9:11 am - Straford, Canada

Lights! Camera!  Inflating Gas!  whoa, what inflating gas!  LOL  

Here's to an uneventful surgery and speedy healing!  Remember ice chips are your friends, find the ice machine quickly so you can have a walk and get them yourself.  Move as soon as possible and always err a little on the painful side when the nurse asks you to rate your pain, pain meds especially with an anti nausea drug makes the day slide right by!  kiss

Katie M.
on 10/17/13 9:21 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13
Katie M.
on 10/17/13 9:22 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Excellent advice Ian, thank you! Not looking forward to the inflating gas or all the public farting I'll be doing but I'm sure it will give my family something to tease me about for the rest of my life, lol. I will hunt down the ice machine and make sure I up my rating a smidgen :D Anything to make the day slide by!!

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

Julie99
on 10/17/13 9:31 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Good luck...You will do great 

Referral: June 26, 2013  Confirmation: July 4, 2013  Orientation(OWMC) Sept.13, 2013  Nurse: Dec. 3, 2013  Nut/Beh: Jan. 28, 2014  Pre-surgical class: Feb. 26, 2014  Meet Surgeon: March 18, 2014  PAU: July 11, 2014  Surgery with Dr. Yelle: Aug. 11, 2014              

Katie M.
on 10/17/13 9:32 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Thanks!! :)

taniagirlca
on 10/17/13 9:33 am

Good luck, let us know how it goes :)

Katie M.
on 10/17/13 9:34 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

I definitely will, thanks! :)

Needanewbeginning
on 10/17/13 9:47 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Can't wait to see you on the bench pal. You are so ready, you know it, we know it as well. Let us know how your doing, we are all thinking about you. 

Annette enlightened

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

KerryF.
on 10/17/13 10:08 am - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

Good Luck here's hoping for an uneventful day. Speedy recovery and home by Sunday.

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

Most Active
Recent Topics