Appointment with Surgeon Nov 1st!!!!

Amarachi
on 10/25/13 9:14 am - Canada
Terri I have Dr. Starr and from what I have read on here, he has an excellent bedside manner and is straightforward.

I really am looking forward to meeting him and getting facts pertaining to my individual health issues.

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate all of the support I see everyone give and receive.
daisies109
on 10/25/13 9:08 am
From my experience at HRRH I met the surgeon first and he explained the benefits and risks of surgery and whether or not i was a suitable candidate. Then after completing all the other appointments (RN, SW, NUT And medical internist) and receiving clearance, I had my final surgeon appointment to book my surgery date and buy Optifast which I started today! Best of luck on your WLS journey

Daisies

Amarachi
on 10/25/13 9:18 am - Canada
It is moving quickly and I am happy its the Surgeon first because it would be heartbreaking to get my hopes up only to meet the surgeon at the end and find out I have too many risks to operate on.
I want the truth from the beginning and work with that information.

Congratulations on starting Optifast, you are in the home stretch!! Have an excellent weekend
nadiras
on 10/25/13 10:07 am - Canada

Congrats!! Its exciting when you start this journey. I have my surgery with Dr.Starr on Nov.8 and started my opti today. Once you get to that it seems to go by fast.

Orientation May 2013, Surgeon( Dr.Lindsay) July 17, Rescheduled RN/NUT/ SW and got lucky with a cancellation July 18, Dr.Linsday 2nd appt Aug.19, Dr.Lindsay was overbooked switched to Dr.Starr on Oct.8, Surgery Dr.Starr Nov.8,2013

Amarachi
on 10/25/13 12:32 pm - Canada
Wow Nadiras, Nov 8th is just around the corner! Congratulations!! You are in the final phase, after this you can watch the pounds melt. I cannot wait until I get to that point. This forum is so great, I spend alot of time looking at the before and after photos. It is incredible the amount of change I see in each person.
nani911
on 10/26/13 7:49 am - Canada
Holy Crap!!! Lightning speed journey! Didn't you just have your orientation? Did you go through the Sudbury assessment centre? Congrats and good luck.
Vickie    
Amarachi
on 10/26/13 8:13 am - Canada
Nani911, I was referred January this year got my appt for orientation October 21, 2013 and meet the surgeon November 1st, 2013.
I have had some set backs though my original orientation was June 10th but my Family Doctor refused to fill the questionnaire so I was delayed until I could get another family Doctor. I am now going quickly. The lady actually told me if my doctor had filled the papers in June I would be having my surgery by now. I don't mind the wait, I am a firm believer in everything happens for a reason.
Good luck on your WL journey.
Most Active
Recent Topics