Calcium chews that are citrate?

Katie M.
on 10/29/13 8:30 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

I'm currently taking Webber Naturals liquid calcium which is so vile I actually shudder when it hits my tongue! The trouble is I can't seem to find chews that are citrate and not carbonate. Anyone care to share which brand they use so I can see if I can hunt some down? I've tried using the search on OH but it's being useless :\

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

KerryF.
on 10/29/13 8:42 am, edited 10/29/13 8:43 am - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

(Shoppers Drug Mart) Life Brand liquid blueberry flavor is actually pretty tasty

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

Katie M.
on 10/29/13 8:51 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

The blueberry flavour I have now is so.gross. I think I might try the regular calcium citrate and just crush them. But if that doesn't work I'll try Life brand next ;) Thanks!!

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/13 8:43 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

If you mean chews that are like a caramel, you won't find them in drugstores.  All the ones in drugstores are a combination of calciums and mostly carbonate.  You can order the citrate ones from Bariatric Advantage but just so you know, they work out to about $1/day without the shipping.  You can buy regular calcium citrate and crush them and swallow, they have no flavour at all.  You can even chew them and they are just slightly chalky in texture but no real taste.

Katie M.
on 10/29/13 8:50 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Perfect, thanks for the info :) I've been wandering from store to store, trying to find something that doesn't exist! Think I'll try the regular calcium citrate and just cru**** Can't take another day of the liquid and the Bariatric Advantage are a bit pricey for my budget. Thanks so much!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/13 8:54 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I am so used to just chewing the regular ones that I don't even flinch anymore.  At first I found it an odd texture but now I just pop in my mouth and chew it like nothing.  You can also put the powder in a bit of water and throw it back or even put in a bit of apple sauce so you know you are getting it all.  Before long you can swallow them whole or cut them in half or just keep chewing like I do even though I don't have to.

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/13 8:49 am - Straford, Canada

I know Bariatric Advantage makes them, several flavours, I used to buy mine at Shoppers in the TWH.  They are behind the counter so you have to ask a pharmacy counter clerk for them.  I'm sure other pharmacies carry them, that was my source and I know they will ship directly from amazon.  http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps &field-keywords=bariatric++advantage

Katie M.
on 10/29/13 8:52 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

I did look at the Bariatric Advantage but since I have no insurance at work and the Prevacid I need to take is $150 a month, that means Bariatric Advantage is out of my price range! I think I'll try crushing regular calcium citrate and see how that goes. Thanks for the link though :)

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/13 8:54 am - Straford, Canada

Are you at TWH?

Katie M.
on 10/29/13 9:06 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Yup, but I live about an hour from the city so I'm not at TWH unless I have to be ;)

Most Active
Recent Topics