Halloween !!!

jen1016
on 10/30/13 5:01 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 09/19/13

So I will be 6 weeks post-op tomorrow, Halloween.  So far, I have been luck with the foods I have tried.  I had only one incident with the foamies ... not fun, at all. 

I will not be handing out anything for Halloween, but my son will be going out and there will be lots of treats at work as well. 

How have you guys gotten through days like this - with so many treats around?  Is there something, sugar-free I could make to have around if I want to have something?  Are we allowed fruit snacks, like the Gushers or something like a Fruit-Roll-UP? 

I imagine I will be okay ... but I also think it's coming TOM ... so I just seem to want something!!

Catw
on 10/30/13 5:44 am - Arnprior, Canada

At 6 weeks, I wouldn't try anything like gushers or Fruit Roll Ups, they have way too much sugar in them.  You can get SF candies, but keep an eye on the sugar alcohol content.  Too much of that isn't good either.

Check the Recipe forum for some treats.  A natural one (but can't remember if it's allowed at 6 weeks or not) is pumpkin seeds.  That's a holiday tradition. http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/discussion/

This year, I'm giving out juice boxes.  They were on sale for a good price, and my kids will drink the leftovers.  I've also given out jumbo freezies before too.

Also see if you can find Egg Face's blog.  She might have a couple tricks up her sleeve.

Cathy

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/13 5:50 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

You most likely still have no real hunger so I would think for this year you should be safe that treats won't bother you.  I'd stick to plan but you could get some SF candies to keep at work so you can have something if you really needed it.  There are lots of different flavours of SF hard candies at Shopper's.  I really like the cinnamon ones and I suck on one and I'm good to go.  I wouldn't have the fruit snacks since they are loaded with sugar.  Have a SF chocolate pudding even then it's like a treat but not off plan.

jen1016
on 10/30/13 5:55 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 09/19/13

Thanks ladies !  I totally forgot about SF candies ... I will pick some up, just to have handy. 

I am also going to freeze some grapes ... I did that years ago, when I was on WW and that might help too!!

Gizzys
on 10/30/13 6:11 am - Canada

Last year my two kids got soo much candy I let them keep 20 peices and we donated the rest.  At $1 a pound, they each got $5.  What they kept had to stay in their room in a drawer out of my sight.  Yes, I still knew it was there and I was cleaning up empty wrappers, but at least it wasn't in my plain view.  Someone recommended I lock all the candy in the trunk of my car and only remove some as kids asked.  Getting bundled up to ransack the car trunk wasn't something I was willing to do.  Too much hassle and dealing with the cold...lol!

Sometimes all the candy at work can be as bad as home.  Sf candies are a good idea as is sf pudding and jello.  Also sf popsicles when you are at home.  I know its not the same but its something...

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

Patm
on 10/30/13 9:15 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Where I work it is Halloween every day. My co-worker loves to give so he keeps bags and bags of Halloween candy all year round. There are days it is really hard not to want to give in. I make sure I have something that makes me feel good. A chocolate protein shake, a chocolate SF pudding or just a short walk to get a coffee. Candy will be with us forever and although I no longer have to have it in my house it is always around me.

Most Active
Recent Topics