Halloween Message

Patm
on 10/30/13 9:37 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

This is all over the other forums. I think this is the work of a very sick woman. I can not believe she would shame children like this

NorthernStar
on 10/30/13 10:08 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
That's just awful. I was a bit overweight as a child and that would have destroyed me. People need to mind their own business. That note is just cruel.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Amarachi
on 10/30/13 10:14 am - Canada
My hope is that she ration her words and leave the village. Nasty woman.
cutekatie
on 10/30/13 10:38 am
RNY on 05/16/12

I know I am in the minority here but I think that is a great idea. With that said it should really be given out to ALL children, and the line about "your child is obese" should be deleted.

When my child goes out for Halloween he is allowed to keep 10-15 items and the rest is either given back out or thrown out. He does not need a bag of candy that will last him until Christmas.

I hate Halloween for many reasons but as a teacher the worse is the sugar crashes that will be happening for the next few days. Kids end up eating sugary candy all day and it is so hard for them to learn because they simply can not focus.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Patm
on 10/30/13 11:07 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I think you are probably a caring parent *****alises her child does not need all that candy. But i think this is something that needs to be handled by a caring person who knows the child and their cir****tances not a busy body who thinks she knows what is best for everyone else.

Receiving this letter could give other children yet another reason to pick on a child. Having been an over weight child I would have been shamed by this

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/13 11:27 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

It's nobody's business to tell parents how to raise their kids and that is exactly what this letter suggest.  I sure didn't need anybody to tell me I was obese and I am sure no parent needs to be told their kids are obese. It's rather a well known fact that the obesity rate is very high.  If this person doesn't want to give out treats then she doesn't have to, she can keep her door and mouth shut, or she could hand out erasers, fun pencils, etc.  Nobody says the treat has to be junk food. 

Amarachi
on 10/30/13 11:36 am - Canada
Excellent idea about erasers and pencils, lots of them with the Halloween theme.
BIGJAY1972
on 10/30/13 2:20 pm

I would go to door to door till I found this person and then bad things would happen.

CBarnes11
on 10/30/13 10:57 pm - Port Hope, Canada
RNY on 12/19/13

What a terrible way to destroy a child and their self esteem.  This is the kind of thing that a child will carry with them for years and years and quite likely not help the situation but really just make it worse.  What a horrible human being.

kristaeb
on 10/30/13 11:14 pm

They just showed this on Torontos Breakfast television.. ..She is a true witch.... I wish i could go to her door...Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Most Active
Recent Topics