Updates. Just a couple quick ones...

Cuter_w_Curves
on 11/4/13 11:57 pm - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

I know I am sporadically able to post. Long story short I use what little time I have outside of work for my family lately and it is only getting more hectic but here is a post that is long over due:

Guess this post is officially a day over due... my bad!
(cross posting this in multiple groups/places sorry if you see it more than once)

So... For those who know me, my story, my thoughts, my wants, my desires... They will know it was not and will never be about what the scale says to me. I may bounce up and down a bit with excitement to see a number come up but it is not going to be the be all and end all for me.

I am still above what I said my "lowest" weight I would feel comfortable at is but I have no idea what that number is today and won't until Wednesday.

The scale has never been my friend and I typically have tipped the scales at a higher point but smaller measurements then many people I know. Because of this it is not going to be the determining factor in how I feel about where I am in my journey.

It is official now folks... I am at or past every single one of my measurement goals.

I never wanted to be a size 6 because I have been one before and it was not for me.

I wanted something I was comfortable with, and because of that I chose between a 10-14 as my range, and then went to a couple size charts and picked realistic measurements for myself based on my body type, style, etc.

Will I go below this? Quite possibly... But it is the hope of myself, my GP, and my family that I can slow the loser train down a bit and allow my body to even out. Something I have been working very hard on for the past few months and may have to work hard on for the rest of my life.

Regardless of what is, was, or will be... I can share a couple photos at least. one may as well show off what a year minus 3 days can be. Top photos 332 lbs. Bottom 214lbs. (214 is out of date because that was Oct 16th and since then I have lost yet another inch off my rib cage measurement)

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Please know that 332 is not my highest. I'll own my **** right here on my face book and say that this photo in this link was 369lbs. Yeah... I was 369 there:

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Apparently I like photos in one particular week of October. High weight Oct. 17th, 2009, last year as a pre-op Oct. 19th, 2012, and the more recent pics Oct. 16th, 2013.

Am I perfect? No. I don't want to be. I am just me. I own my **** I own my choices, and I am laying it all out there and saying I guess a sleeve can rock the hell out of it and get where they want to be without a plethora of drama.

Embrace your choices, embrace your journey and know that you need to stand up and be accountable for all of those choices. It is up to YOU to make it to goal. No one else can do it for you and no one else can tell you what your goal should be!

Shell

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Patm
on 11/5/13 12:03 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Great to hear from you Shell. You are looking great. And you are right it is up to each of us to make the most of our journey.

Cuter_w_Curves
on 11/5/13 2:10 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13
Hi Pat. Thank you!

So individual and up to us!

kristaeb
on 11/5/13 12:11 am

Love your post Shell, and congrats to you..You look great..Krista..broken heart

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Cuter_w_Curves
on 11/5/13 2:11 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13
Thank you Krista!

Needanewbeginning
on 11/5/13 12:25 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Love it love it love it. You rock! Miss seeing you around.

Annette enlightened

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Cuter_w_Curves
on 11/5/13 2:12 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13
*blush* thanks Annette!

I miss being around. I'm just doing crazy things like working 3 positions in one company putting in 18 hour days. *sigh*

only_angel
on 11/5/13 12:48 am - Sault Ste Marie, Canada
RNY on 01/11/13

Congrats :) you look awesome 

Cuter_w_Curves
on 11/5/13 2:13 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13
Thank you! How are you doing?

nani911
on 11/5/13 1:23 am - Canada

Wow!! A great inspirational message with photos and a smack of reality chaser!  Where have u been? Thanks and  appreciated!

Vickie    
Most Active
Recent Topics