Have you kept any of your disposable medication cups from the hospital?

chipmunk_roasting
on 11/8/13 3:01 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada

I did, because just as when I leave a hotel, I take things with me.   

I used them in the hospital (Ottawa Civic) for sipping water, and meds were delivered in them.

Nine and a half months later, I still use them daily.  No, not for water, silly *grin*, but I do use them perhaps once a day if I'm taking my bedtime supplements and meds to the bedroom to swallow them there, or to another room to consume them with the water I have there.

I thought I'd just put the meds/vitamins/supplements in my hands, but you know?   These wee plastic cups remind me that (a) these *are* medications -- I need these vitamins and supplements every day of my life, at specified times, for the rest of my life post weight loss surgery and (b) I am doing just what I'm supposed to do for the continued betterment of my health.

So, yeah, it's a goofy thing, and possibly a goofy post, but in a way, it's another NSV in my life.

Cheers, eh?

mmm

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

LittleMiss2013
on 11/8/13 3:23 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

Yep, I use them every day and find them perfect for measuring one oz of tuna etc. Also use them for meds. The nurse was super and gave me a bunch before I left =)

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

mona8
on 11/8/13 6:02 am - Kingston, Canada
I kept mine and used them daily ( I had A LOT of them ) for different thigs for about 6 months!! I love those things

Ref- Aug 2011, Orient ( OWMC )- Nov 11, Transfer to Kingston- May 12, NP, DT,SW,H-pylori ( neg ), BW, Ab US,- Jul 12, NP return Aug 12 ( HBA1C 8.2 ), started insulin - Sept 12, Diabetic Opti Clinic-Jan 11 13 ( HBA1C 7.0 ), pre-op class- Feb 6 13, Surgeon Feb 22 2013 ( Dr. Hagen HRRH ), Dr. Glazier March 18 2013, PATTS Mar 12 2013, Opti Mar 21 2013 Surgery April 4 2013.

Hennagirliegirl
on 11/8/13 6:04 am - Canada

yep, using them too, until now I thought they were only for jello shooters!!!!!!! Tee hee

kristaeb
on 11/8/13 10:13 am

Lol, not goofy at all. My nurses gave me a whole bunch to take home from hospital when i left...I used them all the time in the early stages..broken heart...Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

sarshe62
on 11/11/13 10:15 am

A great tip, I'm booked for my surgery on November 19th, I will have to ask and see what I can take home. 

Thank you,

Most Active
Recent Topics